• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone put 6" extreme carbides on their BRP PILOT skis?

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
I bought some 6 inch carbides for my pilot skis.. but the bars are 1/2 inch and the stock ones were only 7/16.. and dont fit in the skis very well..

The actual carbide is moved back on the 6 inchers by about 2 inches.. (kinda weird)

anyone have any info?

Brian

They bolt on directly with the universal mounting kit from BRP...

I did alot of research and found that more people were using them and having great results with these skis.. Better turning.. less turning effort.. and less darting ..

I put the Extreme carbides on mine and they are awesome. Much better than the stock carbides. It steers even on pavement! Almost too much bite at first, but new sway bar and transfer rod changes have solved the problem.

GW

I can only comment on the Slydogs where you need to recess the bar with Ski Savers to eliminate the darting.

Jim

Attachments

• Exciter Frnt[1]..jpg
    Exciter Frnt[1]..jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture 100.jpg
    Picture 100.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 77
gkw said:
I put the Extreme carbides on mine and they are awesome. Much better than the stock carbides. It steers even on pavement! Almost too much bite at first, but new sway bar and transfer rod changes have solved the problem.

GW

Did you notice how different the carbide positoin is compared to the old ones?

Yes, the carbide is more to the rear.

I found it to steer a little harder, but the increased bite was huge.

I installed the heavier sway bar because there was more inside ski lift with the increased ski bite.

GW

Back