• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone running 1.25 on there RX-1 MTN?

BarneyMN

Veteran
I have a pretty much stock 03 RX MTN with the 151 - 2 in paddle and was wondering if any flat landers out there run 1.25 tracks on these. Any switching in gearing to make these into trail sleds? I like the sled but dont really need a Mountain so I'm trying to decide if it should go or try to make it a trail/off trail monster. Any input would be appreciated.

I went with the 1 1/2 crossover on my 04 mtn rx1.It's the 9004c the same as tracks usa sell.I found the track excellent for trail and in the deep stuff for what i do,all i did to save on hyfax wear was completely cleat the track.Would recomend this track to anyone.. ;)!

How much miles you have on the crossover? Im in the same boat and can't decide between the 1-1/2" crossover or the 1-1/4" predator. Im afraid that 1-1/2" will still be too tall and experience lugs tear off.
Do you have close view picture of it installed on your sled? Lugs seem thin and fragile on the camoplast web site...

Martin

Found yesterday that the predator has been discontinued. I did order the 1-1/2" crossover...Ill see how it goes when snow arrive.

BarneyMN said:
I have a pretty much stock 03 RX MTN with the 151 - 2 in paddle and was wondering if any flat landers out there run 1.25 tracks on these. Any switching in gearing to make these into trail sleds? I like the sled but dont really need a Mountain so I'm trying to decide if it should go or try to make it a trail/off trail monster. Any input would be appreciated.

I've got an 03 RX-1 mountain that I set up for flatlanding and it is the most comfortable best riding machine I've ever owned. Here's what I did.

1. The rear suspension mounting brackets, there are 2 holes, I drilled a 3rd even higher and mounted the suspension there to make the machine more flat and prevent it from diving all the time. Also cut the bottom of the bracket off the shorten it and get rid of the stock 2 bottom holes I won't ever use again.

2. Put an 05 RX-1 seat, much more comfy, however this year plan on putting apex seat and risers.

3. Put RX-1 shorty gearing and clutching.

4. Put a 1.25 predator. Awesome track and no more ripped off lugs or slides heating up.

Love the mountain for the storage on the back for luggage or extra gas. The length gives an excellent ride, yet even with 1.25 track there is still a large enough footprint to make it decent in the soft stuff. I'll try and post a pic.

I also did the rear suspension mod, (raising it) and it tore out my drive bearing. I have a 4" riser on it and that is nice. I also have the MPI transfer kit instead of the Rods. What is the gear/clutch ratio you are using? Apex seat? what year fits? The seat could be better.

Heres Mine

Riding in the UP Michigan

Attachments

• Eric in Upper pennisula 017_edited.jpg
    Eric in Upper pennisula 017_edited.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Eric in Upper pennisula 003.jpg
    Eric in Upper pennisula 003.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 78
Hey Highmiler, do ya have a pic with measurement of where exactly you dilled your third hole to lower the rear of the sled?

BarneyMN said:
I also did the rear suspension mod, (raising it) and it tore out my drive bearing. I have a 4" riser on it and that is nice. I also have the MPI transfer kit instead of the Rods. What is the gear/clutch ratio you are using? Apex seat? what year fits? The seat could be better.

I think Highmiler went the opposite way in the rear drop brackets that you did. He lowered the back end.

Why would your drive bearings be torn out by raising the rear of your skid (lots of guys do this)?

NO. I went the right way...up! I only have 2400 miles on the sled, track wasnt to tight....myself and some friends tried to pin point the problem but figured it was just a bad bearing, but if that was the case how did I make it to 2400 miles? anyway put in new bearings and set it back to where it was and havent had a problem so far. I really didnt notice a difference with it like that and probably went a good 500 miles...

coreysask said:
Alright, what about taking the stock 2" and cutting it? Anyone done that?
If so...how? Grinder? Knife? Hot, cold?

Corey

Cutting ther track works awesome I cut down a track on my old apex mtn.The lugs are thick and man does it hook.
I used a razor blade.

I dont want to cut it, when I go to the mountains I wont have enough track..just wondering what people have run on theirs. whats the best running 1.25 track?

Back