• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone seeing new Apex's being recieved?

Agman 57

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Apex XTX LE, 50th Ann.
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE, 50th Ann.
2017 Sidewinder BTX LE
1992 V-Max 4 (Modded)
2002 ZR 120 G-daughter's
Hello, I've got a friend that trades his Apex GT LTX each year, since he rides a lot of miles in Canada each year. He has had his new sled ordered since early spring, traded his last years sled and put a large deposit down on it last spring. Now Yamaha has cut production or what ever and cut back dealer orders and his hasn't showed up yet.
3 weeks ago the dealer said that it was supposed to be sitting in Chicago at a warehouse waiting to get a truck load heading east. Now yesterday they say they aren't going to get that sled and the dealer should try and transfer one from another dealer?? He told me that there are only 13 of those sleds available in the 8 major snow states. In these tough economic times you would think a company would want to sell all the sleds they could if there are people waiting for them. Our dealer has sold his old sled already since he didn't know there was going to be a problem.
Has anyone else been hearing things about available of sleds??

Yes it's been the same over here too. It took my dealer a while to locate one for me too.He tried from another dealer and they either didn't want to part with it or had sold it already. Warehouses have hardly anything in them either from what I hear. I didn't order this one I got in the spring otherwise I may had been able to get it earlier, but did find one sitting in a warehouse waiting to be shipped to another dealer but dealer wasnt' paying so my dealer scooped it up.

Yamaha creating market for sleds by limiting production numbers & not forcing sleds up dealers butts. Inventory down & everyone waiting for 2011s. Your used Yamaha now has good resale value to you & trade in with dealer for new model. Pretty darn smart if you ask me. Talked to super sled dealers & they wish other OEMs would do the same thing as Yam to help sell current inventory.

They had a part problem. I think they had problems getting ski's. We just got two vectors that had been slated to be delivered in October. They are on their way!

My dealership has a APEX GT LTX and APEX GT in his showroom waiting for a taker...both BLACK , that was last weekend, I can check if he still has them if anyone is interesred, the APEX GT was a SNOW check that was cancelled this fall..."PM" me if your interesred. **these sleds are in CANADA**

I'm not a dealer nor a salesperson, I'm just trying to help someone in need of a sled.

Bummer....I heard today from superdealer industry rumors are starting that Yamaha is getting out of snowmobile biz. He said BRP was asking what he heard from Yam. As always he said Yam very very tight lipped about anything new or exit. He sees Yam market same as me. Current Yam lineup is pretty solid but could bring a hyper speed sled based on Nytro platform at top of food chain sort of like what doo did with Mach & AC did with Thundercat. Current Apex 150 hp is plenty hp for trails & more than that is pretty much straight line running.

Well I truely think yamaha is doing a good thing by cutting back production However they should have taken care of ALL of their preseason orders FIRST. If a guy orders a sled in the spring and puts down a big deposit he should be one of the first to get his new sled. Its funny to hear of dealers that still have 07,08, and 09 sleds in crates and guys who ordered new ones cant get em. Hope your friend finds a machine soon. If there is rideable snow Id be pissed right off. The season is only so long, I like to take advantage of every bit of it, especially in the beginning when Im itching to ride....

Agree with shanks, cutting back production only increases the value of our sleds. I have to say they are real shi$heads if they have not honored early buyers. If the situation was reversed the consumer takes the pipe! I spring bought xcr and they were calling me in August to pick it. I don't know what is worse snow without sled or sled without snow? :o|

I bought in April my Apex 2010 and I receive them firts week of november.
On the identification plate, It produced in september.

Apex's available

Two local dealers here don't have any, some Vectors, when ask where the Apex's were, his ignorant coment was we don't sell them around here, no demand. Gotta love good sales people

My local dealer is small and he said he ordered 20 sleds for this season (4) of which were customers spring orders. Now he is only getting 10 sleds, (4) of which are spoken for. I went in the other day and they have a Vector LTX, Nytro, and a venture. No Apex models and he has told me many times before that the Apex is by far their best seller.

Number1kyster-

My dealer told me the exact same thing. He usually gets 25-30 sleds and sells all but one or two. He ordered 28 this year, including pre-orders, and was cut back to 21 in the first round. Then they cut him back to 9! He sold those 9 before December rolled around and now he has NO NEW SLEDS to sell before the riding season has even begun locally (trails opened yesterday). Also, he has only a couple of trade-in leftover.

My dealer told me that Yamaha took a big hit on motorcycles this past summer, with many dealers selling 50% or less of their inventory, compared to 80% in previous years. Yamaha responded by cutting production on sleds in half, which is why dealers like mine and even large volume dealers like Big Moose Yamaha in Old Forge had their orders slashed. Big Moose ordered 100 sleds and got about 30. He still has 2007 Apexes and Nytros on his showroom floor.

What Yamaha failed to consider is that snowmobilers seem to find a way to get on the snow in good economic times or bad. And they still want to buy new sleds. This is not necessarily the case with bikers, jet skiiers or ATV riders. The intensity of dedication to their sport is just not the same as it is with snowmobiling.

The yamaha shop here said they are not getting a APEX this year. The one that they had was sold over summer and they did not get that one the guy was mad. He sold his sled to someone and now he is just sitting there looking at the snow.

APEX 06 said:
The yamaha shop here said they are not getting a APEX this year. The one that they had was sold over summer and they did not get that one the guy was mad. He sold his sled to someone and now he is just sitting there looking at the snow.

Team Motorsports south of Green Bay on 41 had some including leftovers. He should give them a call.

The dealer I have done business with in southern NH had three stores at the start of 08 within 30 miles of each other. He sold everything but Honda and Arctic Cat. He now has one store and sells only Polaris,Suzuki and Kawasaki. I was there the day Yammi took back all inventory. I wonder how many times this has been repeated across the US. Yammi is preparing to weather the storm in the recreation market. Go into any non Yammi dealer and you will find crap loads of leftover inventory,what do you think that does to the value of used product.

Back