• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone use ice ripper track?

2200 miles on my iceripper and i have no complaints, i also did not realize you should not stud it because i did & have had NO issues. i highly recomend this track for everything except all out drag racing

I'm thinking of installing one on my APEX LTX due in this fall, but some guys where complaining of the track clips being very weak 'cause of type used on them, they have holes in them to retain snow and this seems to make them weaker and BREAK off.

Have any of you guys experience this problem...
the other thing I think that track windows are all open, are they better on HYFAX/SLIDE wear? (heat)

NO problems with clips on two Ice rippers I've put more than 6000 miles on. Never lost a clip. Lost 1 stud. They cannot be replaced. My 08 will wear an Ice Ripper for three sleds in a row. Great all around track.

When you say Ice Ripper is no good for lake racing, presume you mean on ice. I have always run non-studded and lake race with that when snow covered (the buds I race against are also non studded). Would tend to believe the ice ripper would be better than non studded. For the way I ride, the ice ripper would be an improvement in turns when ice occurs. Am also considering an Ice Claw 1" profile, but can't seem to get any feed back on this track.

Just a warning if you own a rip saw or a ice ripper I highly ecommend you don't do a lot of lake running once and a while is fine but if you do many high speed runs the tracks will come apart.Mine on my vector lasted 500 miles and literally came apart and no it wasn't studded.I have seen many tracks do this.

RX1-er-2005 said:
I'm thinking of installing one on my APEX LTX due in this fall, but some guys where complaining of the track clips being very weak 'cause of type used on them, they have holes in them to retain snow and this seems to make them weaker and BREAK off.

Have any of you guys experience this problem...
the other thing I think that track windows are all open, are they better on HYFAX/SLIDE wear? (heat)

The ice ripper track that I have has solid clips, not the kind with holes. It is clipped every third window.

studdog, sorry for the late reply. I added 3 studs per row down the middle because i was thinking of putting on a turbo & would have needed the hook up. ( of course since then i have learned that this is probably not the best track for a turbo) but at any rate i have had great luck with it & would buy another. :rocks:

Thanks flyin hi. I sold a guy my 07 and he wanted to know if he needed more traction could he stud it. O knew Camoplast would say no but wondered how it would work. My 08 will wear an Ice Ripper. Third machine in a row.

Life to an old thread ...I'm not for studs as I'm worried about throwing one ...so I'm considering the ice attack xt for my 06 GT 121".... Any one have any newer news or stories on these tracks for a stock 121??
Also I'm mainly a mildly agressive trail rider , looking for more arm stretching ..less spinning

I have the Ice Attack xt on my Attak. I was running the stock track with 108 up the middle. The Ice Attack does not have the bite on launch like a studded track but it does have the braking grip that I need.
It also holds the slippery corners well. For all day fun trail riding this track is the best imo.

Back