• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone who has removed their track--I need some help!

TRUTH

Expert
Hey guys,
I am taking my track off to replace it. I have the rear skid frame out, but I am a bit confused on how to get the drive axle out to remove the track. I purchased a yami manual, but I'm still confused. Anyone who has done it, can you give me any tips? Thanks! Frank R.

track removal

Make sure to dissassemble the chaincase, which means the battery, electrical and the cover have to come off.

Pull off the chaincase cover and remove the chain and lower gear.

On the other side, siply remove the speedo pick-up and the saddle that the driveshaft rides in.....

Hope that helps....

Did you figure this out?

I have the pages from the Yam service manual scanned, if you want I can send them to your e-mail.

I changed mine a couple weeks ago and it went very well.

Hey all,
I just purchased a Yammi manual and I finally have a day off tomorrow, so I'll be diggin in! I have the rear suspension out and the speedo gear off...so I'm pretty close. I will keep you all updated. I am putting a track on that I think no one else has done on a Phazer...Hopefully it fits! hahaha :Rockon: Frank

Well let us know what kind it is when your done. I think if I ever change my track I would stretch it to 128". Something like Mars did.

Back