• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex for a utility backcountry sled

tipper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
vk pro
Hey guys I really don't know anything about Yamaha sleds.
I was wondering is the apex mtn better than the nytro? Would it be a capable sled to pull gear into my camp and also play around a bit breaking trail etc? Will these things overheat if you're not in the deep stuff?
Thanks!

I would not haul to much. Small otter with 10 gallons and some freight. Buddy bent his tunnel hauling a barrel.

apex's will overheat if they are not moving at 30kph minimum on trail. might get away with more off trail but they need the snow thrown on the exh to keep them cool. snow on the running boards helps to a point but need that snow on exh.

towing a small sleigh would be ok but anything more than food and clothing i would not reccomend with out getting a custom rear bumper made that kind of doubles up like a venture bumper that would extend down the tunnel extension to the main tunnel before pulling anything heavyer.

A205BD49-85B5-44E8-A3CD-DAB6A8907F39.jpeg I used the towhitch from a 154 ski-doo summit, fits and works for heavier loads.

that one looks pretty good.

Back