• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Fuel Pump - Intermittent issue - Fixed - Sharing

Great find, thank for the post. I will do this next time I have airbox off. I'm sure this could happen to me especially since they won't let me lead. LOL

Seen this last fall when changing my oil on my 09, cleaned green with electrical terminal cleaner and packed full of dielectric, then did it to my 11, was clean still but did it anyways. Yes this sight rocks, lets keep in mind if we stepped up and all become VIP members, we can continue to keep the sight up and running and all this valuable resources wont be lost.....just saying!
:):yam::-o;)!

My Sidewinder is down for some maintenance so I pulled out my trusty Attak, " SW backup sled", to do a ride today. I made it to the group meeting spot and shut down. When we were already to go I fired the sled up, everyone left and my sled quit!
Long story short, no fuel pump, red relays installed, I even swapped them around but still no pump. After the sled sat for a bit it fired right up normally and I drove it home.
I will be inspecting the connector by the starter that is explained in this thread.

This is interesting about dielectric grease.??

My Sidewinder is down for some maintenance so I pulled out my trusty Attak, " SW backup sled", to do a ride today. I made it to the group meeting spot and shut down. When we were already to go I fired the sled up, everyone left and my sled quit!
Long story short, no fuel pump, red relays installed, I even swapped them around but still no pump. After the sled sat for a bit it fired right up normally and I drove it home.
I will be inspecting the connector by the starter that is explained in this thread.

I traced the problem down to a defective oil pressure sending switch. If the the switch stays closed to ground when you start the sled it tells the ECU there is no oil pressure so power to the injectors and fuel pump is cutoff.

Back