• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex GT won't start !!!

blackhawk

Veteran
My Apex GT will no start after a afternoon of driving. The power doesn't seem to be getting to the fuel pump. I tested the fuel pump by its self and it works. Took the seat off and just about everything else, no sign of broken wires. I tried switching the relay switches and that didn't make a difference. All I can hear is the clicking noise from the relay. I understand about the faulty relay switch problem but all three wouldn't go at once? The fuses are all good. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

Gibby said:
try warming up the relays i don't think they really go bad they just get moisture in them and freeze
Would all three go at once, because I tried switching them around and it didn't make a difference. I'll bring them in the house for the night and try again tomorrow.

Since this thread is active right now i have done alil searching found a few things but, my 06 apex gt is having starting issues seems to happen when its alil colder outside granted i dont run it much now i have my XTX but the fuel pump is cycling and i can hear the gas gurgling off the pump it cranks but wont start or fire at all. I put some dry gas in so i dont know if it has thawed the gas lines if its frozen. last year i had to replace my plugs cause it wouldnt stay running but it would fire, but now i have nothing anyone have any ideas??

Apex & xtx said:
Since this thread is active right now i have done alil searching found a few things but, my 06 apex gt is having starting issues seems to happen when its alil colder outside granted i dont run it much now i have my XTX but the fuel pump is cycling and i can hear the gas gurgling off the pump it cranks but wont start or fire at all. I put some dry gas in so i dont know if it has thawed the gas lines if its frozen. last year i had to replace my plugs cause it wouldnt stay running but it would fire, but now i have nothing anyone have any ideas??
Mine the opposite... there is no power getting to my fuel pump!

yeah all the search's i did all i found was guys having the problem you have so i am thinking i have frozen likes or the gas is junk which most like mine its flooded now and the plugs are going to be junk as well, and changing the plugs on that thing is not a fun job. its almost like you have to disassemble the whole engine bay lol

If it was a broken ground wire where would I have to look? I have power getting to the relay the red/green and red/blue are hot< But no power to the relay to the pump

Check the power wire going to the pump. It will only be enegized for a few seconds after you turn the key on so you have to check as soon as you turn it on. If there is no power then you will have to check that wiring. Is the relay actually operating? It also requires a supply and ground to operate. The power flows thru the relay to the pump and then to ground. To check the ground after the pump put an ohm meter on the ground connection going to the pump and then to the body. You should have continuity.

TBay Sledhead said:
Check the power wire going to the pump. It will only be enegized for a few seconds after you turn the key on so you have to check as soon as you turn it on. If there is no power then you will have to check that wiring. Is the relay actually operating? It also requires a supply and ground to operate. The power flows thru the relay to the pump and then to ground. To check the ground after the pump put an ohm meter on the ground connection going to the pump and then to the body. You should have continuity.
I checked the power wire to the pump and there is power for a few seconds after the key is turned on. Should't the fuel pump becoming on?

Yes the pump should be coming on. Did you check the ground for the fuel pump? I think that it grounds thru the computer. Stick a small needle in the back of the plug and gonnect it to ground and see if the pump runs when you turn on the key.

TBay Sledhead said:
Yes the pump should be coming on. Did you check the ground for the fuel pump? I think that it grounds thru the computer. Stick a small needle in the back of the plug and gonnect it to ground and see if the pump runs when you turn on the key.

I tried what you said.. still the same. I can hear a faint sound of fuel going through the line. Does that mean its working? I'm going to try the replace the plugs tomorrow in case they are fouled...

you can disconnect the fuel line from the fuel injector rail to check if the pump and relay are working properly. Be ready with a gas can cuz the gas comes out in a hurry when you turn on the key. I had a simular problem early on this season. turned out to be the cam sensor. machine would run then quite. no way to check it, just a lucky guess. It's about $60.

My sled failed to start this last Tuesday in UP. From reading posts on here, I heated all the relays by left foot area (not knowing which one) and was able to get started and rode to dealer in Curtis Michigan and got replaced for $10. I now have a spare.

Heat up the fuel pump relay, this happened to me a couple weeks ago on my 06 RTX on a really cold morning, i braught the sled home put a heat gun to the relay's for a couple seconds, i wouldnt advise putting the heat gun rite to the relay's just moving the gun back and fourth and she will start rite up.

-James

Back