• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Racing the 1200 Doo...

Nice going Nathan, you must be pleased to get it dialed in.... I'm sure our 1200 riding buddy is opening up his wallet this morning looking for more speed haha.

ok guys bottom line is if your apex is stock and the 1200 has all the goodies header ecm reflash clutched and head work you will get beat period.Get a apex set up properly he will be there a bit then you should start pulling away.I have first hand experience with this as my friend has a 1200 set up well.

ok guys bottom line is if your apex is stock and the 1200 has all the goodies header ecm reflash clutched and head work you will get beat period.Get a apex set up properly he will be there a bit then you should start pulling away.I have first hand experience with this as my friend has a 1200 set up well.

Absolutely.

Just rereading some old posts and noticed this. What do you mean by head work on the 1200. Is there any way to tell if a 1200 has been done? How much power does it give? I am thinking my buddy may have this done to his sled.

Just rereading some old posts and noticed this. What do you mean by head work on the 1200. Is there any way to tell if a 1200 has been done? How much power does it give? I am thinking my buddy may have this done to his sled.

I believe this is a kit setup from Cudney Performance. A header pipe, a Powerblock clutch, etc....dependent on how much $$$ you want to spend.

http://cudneyracing.com/REV_XS_XR_1200.html

Ok, I was thinking the head mod was an added feature over the top of the Cudney bolt on parts but after doing some reading it sounds like it is a separate deal all together but less people have went that route.

Here is a 9 page thread to sift through if you can make any judgements from it:
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1284394-ported-head-and-bigger-throttle-body/?hl= 1200 head mod
Just read that thread and it appears that there is no hard facts on porting the 1200 head. One interesting note is that it has to be turned at least 9100 with the Hindle header and 10000 with the mbrp header. Just ask them to let you drive their sled to find out where it turns. That will tell you if they have porting done.

Just read that thread and it appears that there is no hard facts on porting the 1200 head. One interesting note is that it has to be turned at least 9100 with the Hindle header and 10000 with the mbrp header. Just ask them to let you drive their sled to find out where it turns. That will tell you if they have porting done.

Which I guess isn't a lot of rpm's when you consider the Apex turns 10,800. But I must not forget we have gear reduction to get the clutch spinning at 8500. I would not think 10,000 rpms would be a good area for belt/clutch heat. At the price of some of the belts that could get expensive replacing them.

Your buddies sled could have the head ported. In Fredericton there is 2 1200 with bondi head work. The bondi ported 1200 is a lot harder to beat than the good working one with all the cudney stuff. I know I have raced both of them.

Back