• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex reverse

fourndog

Pro
Any of you guys having a problem with the reverse being out of adjustment on you apex? If you are what is the adjustment procedure?

Adjusting Step 1 - Upper Linkage
Loosen locknuts and set the length between the locknuts to 27 mm
Tighten locknuts

Adjusting Step 2- Rear Lower Linkage
Loosen locknuts
Turn the threaded adjuster to decrease distance between locknuts
until freeplay is removed, then turn threaded adjuster back 1/4 turn.
Tighten locknuts

Adjusting steps as per Yamaha Tech Tips

turbowoz said:
Adjusting Step 1 - Upper Linkage
Loosen locknuts and set the length between the locknuts to 27 mm
Tighten locknuts

Adjusting Step 2- Rear Lower Linkage
Loosen locknuts
Turn the threaded adjuster to decrease distance between locknuts
until freeplay is removed, then turn threaded adjuster back 1/4 turn.
Tighten locknuts

Adjusting steps as per Yamaha Tech Tips

this sould be posted in the FAQ section for future reference

Also keep in mind this is a constant mesh gear not syncromesh so sometimes it won't want to go into gear. Just move forward or backward a foot or so and it should go into gear.

Yes, I'm having that problem. Reverse pops out under any throttle input and makes a horrible grinding sound. Dealer said he'd fix it.

1bad442 said:
Yes, I'm having that problem. Reverse pops out under any throttle input and makes a horrible grinding sound. Dealer said he'd fix it.
Mine did it until it got adjusted on my boys rtx,and today woodys performance told me how to adjust it,for any future slippage,than he said that that awful sounding of gears grinding,he said was really nothing to worrie about,as he said that the gears are very stout and it just sounds worse than it really is,and if you cant or wont adjust it on the trails,and you still want to use it,pull it into reverse and just hold onto it,until you are finished backing up..

Back