• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex seat fits RX-1?

Thatspec

Extreme
Website
www.cascadeskilodge.org
I know its not any lighter, but ergonomically a lot nicer than the stock seat, and found one cheap. Not sure if it will slide right on though. Anyone know if it will fit?

I just can't bring myself to pay what they're asking for a custom.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Guys!
I'm on the fence on the seat issue. you could probably ring a gallon of water out of mine, and certainly its a bit low, but the cost of a Boss, or Mountainmod adds up to about $100 a pound in weight savings (one of the lower weight saving values). The Apex seat looks pretty functional compared to stock RX1.

Doo_man, do you want to sell yours?

Thanks, Mark

The only thing you'll need to do is trim the tank cover. Everything else is identical with the exception of the rear lights. You will like the trunk.

Attachments

• Nytro Seat 1_WEB.jpg
    Nytro Seat 1_WEB.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Nytro Seat 2_WEB.jpg
    Nytro Seat 2_WEB.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 97
Sled Dog,
Its trimmed about an inch from where the seat meets the tank cowling. I took the plastic trim from my no longer used windshield to protect the seat from the sharper edge (after trimming). Just put the seat on and scribe the cowling with a pencil where the seat meets it. Initially I trimmed 1/2" short of that mark, but ended up right at the mark. Mine did not have wiring within the seat for the tailight. Suspect the '06 has different routing. Stole some heat shielding from the old seat to protect the wires. There are slight gaps in the front, and back but if you can't see them in 4fighters pics, you won't notice them (its a nitpick really).

The trunk looks handy, but I bet it gets warm in there.

Mark

i suppose this would work the same for a 05 vector??? anyone have a blue apex seat laying around????

Very happy with the Apex seat, particularly the trunk. Don't need my pack anymore. Kept my shovel bungied to the tunnel anyway. It doesn't get very warm at all in the trunk, enough to keep water from freezing though so no more frozen Camelback.

The shape, and height are much better than the '03. Sitting its like two extra inces of suspension. Well worth it for my purposes.
Would suspect this would be the same on the Vector.

I just finished mine. The Nytro seat has the same contacts in the wireing so no mods has to be done to it. WOW that a difference it made, I love it.

Back