• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex with a m-20

Darren Betker

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
apex gt
So bit the bullet and ordered my custom tuned fast m-20 airwave .....without the compressor for my 06 apex gt. Hope its worth it. Over $3000 canadian.

Red beard on this site has many threads and posts on the M20 in Apex.
In short he and the guys he has installed it for 3 I believe all love the ride the only down side I have ever heard is lack of weight shift, they accelerate fine just no ski lift.

Awesome document the install! I am really toying with getting one for my spare sled just to see how good they actually ride compared to what I have ridden. If its like a cloud maybe my Dad can extend his riding career! I recently bought a Fast air shock and was going to toy with retrofitting that into my ZX2 suspension and seeing if I can get the best of both worlds, performance and extreme comfort.

So bit the bullet and ordered my custom tuned fast m-20 airwave .....without the compressor for my 06 apex gt. Hope its worth it. Over $3000 canadian.

I put one on my 2012 Vector, just love the thing. I doubt very much that you will regret it.

I have one on my 07 and LOVE it... I Know its a big dollar item but I think of all the time and money spent on the stock pro-active (07 rtx) skid and I could have been half way home on buying the M skid! Take your time on install and follow directions on tuning and you will be happy. It was the only thing the Apex needed IMO to be the sled it was meant to be.

I just read that if i have extroverts.....which i do.....that i have to trim somthing? That sucks. Any way to avoid this problem? Spending way too much money to start jury riggin now!!!!

You don't need to trim the drivers. Fast made provisions for this. You mount the front arm back 24 mm. Read Red Beard's threads the best out there.

Darren, if you ordered the M20 with Team FAST over the phone, they would have asked you about extrovert drivers. If the skid has not shipped yet, get on the phone and have them make the necessary changes to accommodate your sled. Otherwise, you will have to make the necessary changes before the skid goes in.

Last edited:
They did not ask about extroverts but i got the propper measurements and moved the front arm. That wasnt the issue. It was the instructions. Good God. Way too technical impossible to follow. And allot if redundent steps. Just threw them away and did it myself.
Now i gotto learn how to tune it. Pretty overwhelming to say the least and im a mechanic. But went for a first/last ride and it is cushy.
But......next to no transfer of weight. Gotto figure that out kuz that sucks.

Does anyone know how to adjust it so the shis lift a couple inches on acceleration.

Does anyone know how to adjust it so the shis lift a couple inches on acceleration.
Good luck with that. The M series of skids don’t transfer worth a crap! Do they ride great? Yup! Are there trade offs? Yup!

Huh. Funny how they just failled to mention how poorly theire $3500.00 m20 transfers weight. Thats a huge part of my riding style and honestly would not have bought it if Id known.

just wondering , why is it important to you that it transfers weight ti lift the skies 2 inches?

Back