• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX " Y " PIPES BREAKING & UNAVAILABLE

guys....im sure most of you know this already....

anyone who has a cracked Y pipe(titanium)...why would you have yammie warrantee it with same titanium or buy yourself same POS titanium part???

Mine havent even cracked(YET) but we all know here that eventually they will!....and I will be replacing mine this summer with RX1 Stainless Y pipes for 105 bucks each,then take to a muffler shop and have them lengthened 2 inches(take original Y pipes for comparison) and pay the guy 50 bucks or so,and voila....

now you have stainless pipes,that WONT CRACK AGAIN......if you put same POS parts back on these sleds,it will happen again.

IMO,there are alot of issues with these sleds....so I have come up with FIXES for them,that yammie wont(handlebar heaters,idler wheel brackets,skis suck,marginal wheel kits so sliders dont wear out,rear heat exchanger,ect ect)....dont bother with their warrantee same old parts again....unless you want MORE downtime....i think its best to engineer a better fix and do it ONCE then have them give you warrantee parts,which will just break again...

this is one area i miss my DOOS....the warrantee with DOO,no questions asked,they give you parts and they also re- engineer things that dont work or break!...yammie just keeps giving us same crap parts!....frustrating!

Or you can always go with the bender Y pipes too..i heard 499 or somthing,with donuts included...not bad,but you can do the rx1 Y pipes for alot less $$$.

JMO..
Dan

I need to ask a question about the warranty. I had my idler wheels (first set) replaced under warranty the first time they went bad...but---each time after warranty didnt cover the wheels. Therefore, I just had my donuts and manifold replaced under warranty as well at 3,000 miles. If the donuts/exhaust take a crap again (which I assume they will) in lets say another 3,000 miles...will the warranty cover it again? Thats one thing I failed to confirm with the dealer. Does anyone know?

MCApex44 said:
I need to ask a question about the warranty. I had my idler wheels (first set) replaced under warranty the first time they went bad...but---each time after warranty didnt cover the wheels. Therefore, I just had my donuts and manifold replaced under warranty as well at 3,000 miles. If the donuts/exhaust take a crap again (which I assume they will) in lets say another 3,000 miles...will the warranty cover it again? Thats one thing I failed to confirm with the dealer. Does anyone know?

If you ride more than 1500 miles a year or ride rough trails that would flex the chasis of the sled in a cyclic manner, replace the donuts every year. Do it in the summer or fall, when ever. I wouldn't count on Yamaha covering them again.

SharkAttak said:
i thought excell or bender where going to make these "y" pipes in stainless steel?

shark....

i think bender already has his ready....good fix if you need em asap....IMO they are alot of bucks though....

many guys now are just buying RX1 SS y pipes,and taking to muffler shop with originals,and matching them up...extending approx 2 inches...

rx1 SS are about 105 bucks only I hear...so can save 100 or more dollars over benders setup..maybe more....but i think benders come with donuts too....

Ill probably do mine in summer,even if they are OK im gonna update to SS so i dont have a issue with TITAN pipes during riding season...

If i go with rx1 pipes Ill post pics when i do it of the weld/MOD.

Dan

I talked to Arron from Excell. He expects to get a HP increase with his pipes. He told me they will be available in the fall. Altering the RX1 headers may affect the exhaust flow. They are two inches shorter, it may not seem like a lot but could affect the performance. You will never know if it does unless you do some extensive field testing or get the setup dynoed. I will opt. for the Excell headers that will be dynoed and field tested to assure they perform as good or better then the stockers.

ROCKERDAN said:
SharkAttak said:
i thought excell or bender where going to make these "y" pipes in stainless steel?

shark....

i think bender already has his ready....good fix if you need em asap....IMO they are alot of bucks though....

many guys now are just buying RX1 SS y pipes,and taking to muffler shop with originals,and matching them up...extending approx 2 inches...

rx1 SS are about 105 bucks only I hear...so can save 100 or more dollars over benders setup..maybe more....but i think benders come with donuts too....

Ill probably do mine in summer,even if they are OK im gonna update to SS so i dont have a issue with TITAN pipes during riding season...

If i go with rx1 pipes Ill post pics when i do it of the weld/MOD.

Dan

Dan, that's a great idea with the rx1 pipe, mine isn't leaking yet, but over the summer, i want to update it before it goes, i might wait to see if Aaron Excell comes up with a stainless one

Back