• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic Cat to Argo Pipeline

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
I just ran across this interesting article on the SnowGoer magazine website. It's got some good information on some of the former key employee's at Arctic Cat who were let go after the Textron purchase of AC and what they're currently up to working at Argo's office located in Thief River Falls:

It's getting interesting, I think the old team is joining Brad at Argo because of what they are seeing. The way I see it, Textron is doing what big corporate usually does. They buy a small company because they are really interested in something that the small company has. In this instance I believe it is Cat's factories. They will first squeaze as much profit as they can out of the small company, close it, then take what they bought it for in the first place and capitilize on it. That is my thought and I hope I'm wrong.

Was one of my concerns when Textron took over Cat, They kinda did that when they had Polaris in the early 80's, hope its not true also.

Back