• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Chassis for Arctic Cat for 2024 to be announced at Haydays!

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org

So can we expect to see a new Yamaha then as well? Makes me want to go to Haydays this year for sure.

Looking at the video, it is hard to see many details.
Looking at the shape of the headlamp it seems like it may have a built in "ride light"

I would guess next season from Yamaha. Or maybe their own thing and this is where they part ways or are more tied together than ever before. We will see.

“The platform will span the two-stroke mountain, crossover and trail sled families."

Does it not say it right there, or did I misinterpret that quote?

“The platform will span the two-stroke mountain, crossover and trail sled families."

Does it not say it right there, or did I misinterpret that quote?
I guess you can read it two ways.
Two stroke mountain sleds, crossover sleds, trail sleds
OR two stroke mountain, two stroke trail, two stroke crossover.
I guess I interpreted it to mean the just the two-stroke mountain section.

Here is what SnowTech posted on Facebook.

----- Arctic Cat’s NEW Platform is CONFIRMED !!! -----

With Arctic Cat announcing their “Name the New Platform” contest starting today and running through July 28th, we FINALLY have official confirmation of Arctic Cat’s intent to bring their ALL-NEW next-generation snowmobile platform to market! This radical new platform will be “officially” introduced in a few months at Haydays as a 2024 model (or models) as we’re told it will come in three variations; Trail, Crossover and Mountain. No electric motors here, they’re all 2-strokes! Pre-orders will be taken next Spring with delivery of the 2024s expected in late 2023.

Past that we are sworn to secrecy. What we CAN tell you is this new platform has been years in the making and was originally intended to be for the 2023 model year but was delayed by the on-going supply chain mess. It will be radically different with a focus on lightweight, agility and responsiveness with an incredible power-to-weight ratio, mass centralization and a lower center of gravity - making all of these elements the very best they can be - along with high quality and reliability.

Carbon fiber infused I bet, something Polaris has been using for years, fancy new hood and headlight, hopefully they fix the chain case issues that has been troublesome for owners of the procross, when there's lots of hype usually means not a lot of changes, wonder if Yamaha engineers played any part other then the winder engine, hopefully its not another stolen design.

The peek video reminds me of the teaser for the 2011 Apex models and looks like a renewed buzz generator. Yamaha may have a hand in engineering the new platform but, who knows.
Yamaha likely helping Arctic Cat design their engines because they never built their own until the partnership began. That's Yamaha's strong suit so, maybe an 850 like the other manufacturers? May be a 2024 Yamaha model but, I would bet not until 2025 MY.

Yamaha likely helping Arctic Cat design their engines because they never built their own until the partnership began
Not sure if that's is true. They built their own 600 in 2013 ?. I believe the first motor Cat built themselves was the 600 single in the ATV line in 2007

52F15D2E-C2EB-494B-9BD8-238CA7F6EDB7.jpeg

Back