• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are you happy you bought a yamaha?

Are you happy you bought a yamaha?

• Yes, i would buy another one for sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, i should have got a ski-doo

• No, i should have got a cat

• No, i should have got a polaris

• Total voters

I'm not really thrilled with the handling of the Apex in the trails. The suspension is a little to high compared to the old but, fast & reliable SRX. I don't think the fit and finish is as good as it was either. If I have a gripe about the Apex, it would be the handling. I guess that is the price you pay for the plush suspension or is it?

I owned Cats for fourteen years and Poo's for ten years before that. Then I bought a Rev for myself and the following year one for my wife. I have enjoyed all my sleds and I can honestly say I'm enjoying this Apex very much. If I were to buy another sled this year it would be another Apex no doubt. I'm not a brand loyal person anymore. I call them as I see them and right now I think Yamaha has an awesome sled. I like the new IQ chassis from Polaris but they don't have an engine I want. That goes for Cat also. Doo's engines are a joke for reliability but the rest of the Rev is very nice. I will stay with Yamaha till someone else brings out something I like better. Till then YES I will buy another Yamaha.

I wonder if anyone over on doo-talk would have the guts to run the same poll on the Mach Z's???

DOO It! I don't know how or I would!! LOL

I bought my RTX without test riding and havent looked back.
I rode Doo all my life all my family has doo Except for my brother , has a Poo.
Never did think he was smart haha.
Either way , I had a guy in my shop this morning and he was asking what sled I have now.
I told him and he stopped and looked at me.
Then asked "dont you ride a Ski doo?"
I sad Not anymore.
He was totally Shocked .
I also told him Ill never own a 2 stroke again.

Yamaha

I've owned 30 new Yamaha sleds ove the last 25 years, am I happy, heck no, now if they were free then things would be different! The best product on the snow and I don't care what your complaints are they all have their issues, I just like the comfort of knowing that I don't have to walk home!!!

Dog

I have been a cat man ever since I started riding sleds. My brother is a yamaha guy and he talked me into trying the new Apex and thought I would like the ride alot better. So I went out and bought an Apex GT and I couldn't complain at all about that sled. I mean granted I only had it out for one weekend and I love it. It has the power, handling, gas mileage, good looks. I think in the offseason i'll add studs to it and maybe a clutch kit.

Great machine. I'll still always be a cat man but when a good sled is around you can't deny it. Ride it.

TheGeneral

Racy2 said:
I'm not really thrilled with the handling of the Apex in the trails. The suspension is a little to high compared to the old but, fast & reliable SRX. I don't think the fit and finish is as good as it was either. If I have a gripe about the Apex, it would be the handling. I guess that is the price you pay for the plush suspension or is it?

Not to hijack the thread
'
But get some 6 inch carbides and a 12mm or 13mm swaybar from PIONEERPERFORMANCE.NET.. and your concept of the apex handling will change totally..

Ive got the 13mm bar and its great but i think the 12mm would be just as great without the harshness of the 13mm .. Give it a shot.. definitly worth $90

Just to let you know I have 8 inches of carbide and 144 studs accross the whole track. My opinion still remains the same because the height of the sled and it's suspension. Do dam tippy and ski lift in the twisties. But again that is the price you pay for suspension. I know you can't have it all. If I had the choice I would rather have about half that amount of suspension. I have ridden all brands and never really had any serious problems with any. I do prefere Yamaha because of the motors they built and the fit and finish. I started snowmobiling in 1967.

Racy2 said:
Just to let you know I have 8 inches of carbide and 144 studs accross the whole track. My opinion still remains the same because the height of the sled and it's suspension. Do dam tippy and ski lift in the twisties. But again that is the price you pay for suspension. I know you can't have it all. If I had the choice I would rather have about half that amount of suspension. I have ridden all brands and never really had any serious problems with any. I do prefere Yamaha because of the motors they built and the fit and finish. I started snowmobiling in 1967.

I have talked to quite a few Mach Z owners you have not encountered any problems other than plug fouling. And some of them really do preform quite well in the right hands with out any major mods just like the Apex does

I got a few things that I did'nt expect, souring my buying decision. Darting first and foremost. Poor MPG, I average 11. Lack of suspension center force adjustment resulting in heavy steering and light traction.. Delaminating wheels and subsequent hyfax burning. Leaking zirks. Poorly calibrated shock vavling both front and rear. Fit and finish that is subpar of typical yamaha. Poor handwarmers. Looming chainscase failures.
I'm getting past most of the issues with fixes from this site and hope yamaha will step up with fixes and updates to help alleviate the other issues such as warmers, faulty GT shock, and poss chain case failure.

Back