• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

I may be dreaming, but it sounded sounded like a cross plane 4 cylinder to me. :D

All jokes aside, it will be an awesome sled, regardless of the motor.

I can't wait!

I agree...crossplane 4 cyl sound... This in a Viper chassis would rock.

I agree...crossplane 4 cyl sound... This in a Viper chassis would rock.
Yup! I watched Rossi and the other Yamaha bikes run at Indy back in August. Those bikes sounded just like the video when they went by. The cross plane motors have a different firing order giving them a unique sound.

Here's to wishful thinking! ;)!

Either way, it'll be awesome!

What ever that is the sound is sweet...
Only a Yamaha motor can play a tune like that...
Maybe the new SRX...
Won't be sleeping much in the next couple weeks...
I can't frigging wait...

Its not going to be the Side by side YXZ Engine. This engine is the same as the Viper engine, only difference is lower cc, higher rpm and lower hp.

But i think this is the new engine we hear in the video ( the old engine is also heard in the video )

Probably baced on this engine 850cc 3syl crossplane engine. 110hp 11 000rpm. And 90ish hp at 8500 rpm ( max clutch rpm )

If it is a Viper chassis I hope they use better bearings than what we have now.

Its not going to be the Side by side YXZ Engine. This engine is the same as the Viper engine, only difference is lower cc, higher rpm and lower hp.

But i think this is the new engine we hear in the video ( the old engine is also heard in the video )

Probably baced on this engine 850cc 3syl crossplane engine. 110hp 11 000rpm. And 90ish hp at 8500 rpm ( max clutch rpm )

110 hp? Definitely not enough. I was hoping for 200 or Apex level hp.

Well hopefully now we can all be relieved that 2017 will not be just BNG. But unfortunately Yamaha has left so many holes in it's lineup that pretty much every segment group is screaming for something new, or significantly upgraded; there probably will only be one type of rider that is happy with the new iron.

Looks wery small, and look at the narrow ski stance. While riding in power it plows up snow like crazy.

One frame it shows the handlebar, looks like a narrow mtn bar.

No led light, seems a bit yellow light.

Can hope for what you want. Doubt apex replacement is before next year on 50th anniversary. It's probably phazer and or viper replacement. Looks diff than the procross in video but hard to tell. Ski stance alone is noticeable and is full width so not a snowbike. They may have one released but this video wasn't of that. Almost had an f1 with electric assist sound to it

No offence ntm_08 but the hp will be much higher on this new sled...:sled1:

Got a feeling this sled is all Yamaha .....

Looking at youtube this engine does 200hp with aftermarket turbo without internal modification..

But using this engine as an base for maybe upping it up to 998 cc and with other cam etc it may be up around 130ish hp.. The 3 cyl is lighter and smaller in size vs the 4syl. Today smaller and lighter is better. 4 syl also needs a reduction gear that makes it wider and heavier and more rotating mass lowering the hp.

If this engine or whatever it is, is the lead-up to a 450 lb. 4S sled, I'm all ears!

Back