• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt results "2006"

Heading out this weekend weather permitting, last weekend that the track is open!!

9-9-06 Wisconsin International raceway
9-17-06 Wisconsin International Raceway

I haven't been posting times but just wanted to let all of you know, I am still in the running for the championship, with 1 point between 1,2,3 spot, with me in 3rd. I did qualify for the Martin, Michigan Bracket finals, which I will be attending the 28th - 31st of September. Also, I am the highest IHRA "X" points leader for our track, and will be running against all of the other tracks "X" points leaders.

God was with me today, and I was real emotional as the drive axle split in 2 by the collar. I won the first 2 rounds, everything was runiing great, and when I returned to the pits, 30 ft. from my trailer, the sled shook, and then made a lot of noise. I thought the chain busted, as the sled was runing, the clutches and brake disc was spinning, and the sled didn't go anywhere. Till one of my fellow sledders at the track showed me underneath.

I couldn't run anymore, and ended up 3rd in points for the year. Better than the sled and me tumbling down the asphalt.

Thanks to Totallyamaha, White Knuckle Performance, Wahl Brothers Racing, Anshutz Motorsports, EZ off Slide Guides, Ulmer Racing, The Speed Shop, Port Yamaha, Team NOS Racing, CB Performance, Holtzman Engineering, and my understanding wife and kids.

Attachments

• PIC00001.JPG
    PIC00001.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 77
Terry, I have seen this quite a bit lately on asphalt sleds. I think having to run the track bango string tight causes alot of it! I know I will be replacing the one in our asphalt sled when I switch it back to the trail!

Terry,
That happen to me in Quebec 2yrs ago on the trail. I was going over some small rollers enjoying my expert x skid going about 40-50mph. Luck we were only abut 2mi from camp. I was down 2 days, but glad it didn’t happen going faster or farther away from camp… I did run the sled on the asphalt that summer before so, maybe Allen might have somthing here.

NOS-PRO said:
God was with me today, and I was real emotional as the drive axle split in 2 by the collar. I won the first 2 rounds, everything was runiing great, and when I returned to the pits, 30 ft. from my trailer, the sled shook, and then made a lot of noise. I thought the chain busted, as the sled was runing, the clutches and brake disc was spinning, and the sled didn't go anywhere. Till one of my fellow sledders at the track showed me underneath.

I couldn't run anymore, and ended up 3rd in points for the year. Better than the sled and me tumbling down the asphalt.

Thanks to Totallyamaha, White Knuckle Performance, Wahl Brothers Racing, Anshutz Motorsports, EZ off Slide Guides, Ulmer Racing, The Speed Shop, Port Yamaha, Team NOS Racing, CB Performance, Holtzman Engineering, and my understanding wife and kids.

That is not good!! Did you ever think about using the 2 extra wheels on there like they use on the SRX? They may take some of the pressure off of the axle shaft and equalize it across the length of it. I am not sure it the shaft diameter is the same but it may help. I will have to look around and see if I have any laying around.
You still planning on coming Thursday?

Dajudge, using two more wheels will need do no good as the asphalt tracks most are running now are only 10.625" in width causing only the center to wheels to touch the track.

Terry, just be glad that didn't happen to you on PINKS!!!

Srxspec said:
Dajudge, using two more wheels will need do no good as the asphalt tracks most are running now are only 10.625" in width causing only the center to wheels to touch the track.

Terry, just be glad that didn't happen to you on PINKS!!!
Yep breaking now is probably a good thing, and also a good thing it didn't happen at full throttle!

Well back to the racing, I didn't break this weekend but again, 1st round against that 17 second Buick pulling a full 80mph if he's lucky at the quarter mile speed trap. So what did I do, hee, hee hee, sandbag big time. Had I not run him, I was dialing a 10.00 flat, however when I realized that I was running against him, I dialed a 17.25 to his 17.71. Then I launched hard and cut a pretty good light and let off imediately and waited for him as I had jumped past him right at the line. Then I just throttle it down the track and just stayed ahead of his front wheel and won without breaking out. He didn't run his number and reaction for both were close. He was just smiling and shaking his head at the finish line, but I don't think he realized what was going on at first. The fans and racers I spoke to were laughing and glad that I had done that, as he is hard to beat.
Anyway, didn't do so well on the second round, went up against #1 in points and a light killer at the line, again I thought I had him at the finish, but the clock doesn't lie, ran a 10.02 on a 10 flat and again, reaction times were very close. Well, I have one more race day next weekend to take a shot at top five, not sure where I stand against the others, but I hope it's still reachable.

Srxspec said:

There is enough room if you press the outside drivers in against the inside drivers. I did this before I went to 10 tooth drivers and the track runs right on the edge.

If this would have happened at full throttle, I would not be here...........

I am thinking of a different material like titanium, as this scared the crap out of me, and my son said he lit a special candle for me at church for good luck. Now you tell me who was on my side yesterday. I am not an extremely religious guy, but I will tell you that I believed in him yesterday!

I have the track adjusted to where it ratchets a little bit, then I turn it about 1/2 turn. I usually don't have it that tight, as it is hard to push. 2 years on the RX1, and never a thought of that happening, and not even 3,000 on the Attak. ?????I dun no?

hlmrx1, I hate when people show up at the track with their mother's minivans, etc...in your case a 17sec 80 mph Buick.

They should not be allowed to run. They ussualy win the money for best reaction time, and ussually win their bracket too. aarrrghhhh.

87gtNOS said:
hlmrx1, I hate when people show up at the track with their mother's minivans, etc...in your case a 17sec 80 mph Buick.

They should not be allowed to run. They ussualy win the money for best reaction time, and ussually win their bracket too. aarrrghhhh.

This guy is older guy that has been racing for years apparently and is good at it, only this time he got beat at his own game. Now I know why our track had ET limitations when it was an NHRA track. The thing that gets me is that they changed the rules for trophy class mid season and made everyone that was faster than 12 seconds move into Sportman class, "because it was unsafe". I asked them why is it unsafe in trophy class and it's ok in Sportman? No answer yet!!!!! I don't think there will be, just that they make more money in the Sportman class because they charge more and/or just had some whinners in trophy class complaining.
Anyways, if I come up against a 15 second or slower car, I will probably do that again!!!! It's actually kinda fun and the crowd and racers loved to see his #*$&@ get kicked out of there!!!!!

How hard can it be to floor it in you automatic 1987 Dodge Caravan and run the exact time everytime! LOL!!
Totally unfair.

Glad you beat him out. Do the same next time!!

drive axle

Nos-pro, jeff simon has broke one going down the track.I think he had an aftermarket one made I would check with him.I believe mtn performance sells titanium one's.

Back