• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt results "2006"

I might need to check into that with Jeff and Gary, cause I NEVER, EVER, want this to happen at the end of the track.

Sled is back together with a stock one with 4 drivers. Took into work, and trued the drivers up. Chain was new in June, and seems to be o.k., but that will be changed before Texas.

NOS-PRO said:
I might need to check into that with Jeff and Gary, cause I NEVER, EVER, want this to happen at the end of the track.

Sled is back together with a stock one with 4 drivers. Took into work, and trued the drivers up. Chain was new in June, and seems to be o.k., but that will be changed before Texas.

Terry, Microbelmont is just up the road from Martin. If they have it in stock we might be able to pick it up this weekend.

cool, maybe we can go there if it rain, or have time.

A special thanks goes out to Tom, (DaJudge), for helping me tow the sled down to the staging lanes, feeding our crew, (buddah2, Hartzie, and myself), and helping out with sleeping arrangements. I could have not done it without you this weekend!

This was probably the worst time I ever had to deal with track officials. Either they never graduated from grade school, or just didn't give a darn. One of the days, a rear engine dragster did his burnout, and when backing up to get ready to stage, the dragster backed over a track official. The car was on top of the guy for 30 seconds or so, and then the car was pulled off. He ended up with a broken leg. The other times, my dial-in was wrong, they had us burn down at the starting line cause they couldn't get the diplay to work right, or didn't know which class to put me in. I ran the gambler race 1st round against a car, which is taboo for IHRA rules, but told me where to go. I redlighted with an -.047 and bought back in to race a bike, which the burn down made me come to the line at 195°! A pit bike slammed into a car coming out between 2 trailers, which the guy got hurt. But here is the best part....They called people to come out on the starting line with golf carts to see who could do the most cheerios, and they would get a prize. Then they would biotch cuase they were out there. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! They said they were just kidding.

Our WIR team did very well, and had a rear engine dragster win the champion's race, and also was 1 of the few left in the gambler box race, a jr. dragster won the jr. division, and had a car in street finals last I heard. My sled was picked for best engineered for our track, but the "officials" walked by it, and never gave it a good look.

Attachments

• Terry - 014.jpg
    Terry - 014.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 108
Well, last race of the season was at the beginning of October. Finished in 6th place. I was hoping to make top 5, but missed it by 16 lousy points and only 100 points behind 4th place. This was 13 out of 15 possible races in which you could count your best 14. I screwed up the first 2 races on the first weekend by entering in the ProET bracket. I thought I had to run ProET but I didn’t, so from then on I ran Sportsman. Had I not screwed that up I would have been 4th. Not bad for my first year attempt in points at top 5, there is always next year. Maybe I’ll also go for the Super Series. Awards banquet is next weekend, although I won't be getting anything, I'm going to support the sport.

Well now it’s time to put the thing back on snow, been procrastinating for a month now and although it’s almost all gone, we’ve had 6 to 10 inches of snow already. Well until next year.

Hey Terry, we’ll have to do a weekend at Brainerd next year, unless I work on making it out to Martin!!!!!

Sounds good Don, and I will add on this season ending with a long thankfull post this weekend,.....I have a lot of people to thank.

Back