• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak hi fax wear kit

SpartaSXr

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
69 SL351 - 70 SS396 - 98 V-Max 600 XT - 99 Phazer - 06 Attak
Now that Pioneer is closed is there another company to get the kit from to eleviate the slider wear on my Attak ? Or are oversize wheels the only way to remedy the problem ?

I have an Attak and don't have any slide wear problems at all with stock wheels. The Duponts will last forever as long as you run ice scratchers in marginal conditions. Plus the ice scratchers will keep the sled from overheating on warmer days too.

check out marginal snow wheel kit thread a few down from this post, i put a measurment of my dupont slides after 3000 plus miles, put duponts on and forget about it!!

I have an 06 RTX and it eats slides every 300 miles or less. I installed scratchers and it helped a little, then installed Dupont sliders and it also helped a little, but still isn't great. I am getting low near the rear of the slider, including in front at the bend. I just ordered the marginal snow wheel kit, I am hoping this gives me a little extra mileage, but it seems to be hit and miss. Some have issues and some don't.

keep track as loose as possible witout skipping,i have extro drivers and 1.5 inches of track sag

Yeah track sag is critical to hy-fax life, also you can run polaris style 5.35" wheels as the have the same bearing ID as Yamaha and this will also help to minimize hy-fax wear. Kimpex wheels only run $28 with replaceable bearing and my Apex gets at least 2 seasons 1000 miles plus per season of use. I used the bumper block near the rear of the rails as a measurement point as the block have a metal bracket that you can measure the sag from for a pretty accurate and repeatable measurement.

You can actually still call Pioneer Motorsport and order the parts that Bruce use to sell from Pioneer Performance. Pioneer Motorsport has all of the left over stock still.

I got both wheel kits for my Attak, the bend and mid area. I then got a Pioneer drop down kit. The drop down kit worked for me.

Back