• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak or Apex??

Thanks for all the input. mrrestless I think I would tend to agree with you. For the little bit I actually ride in mountains I don't see the benefit of sacrificing any handling and adding the extra weight.

NOBODY did it for comfort... ITS THE SAME SKID. Works the same. No difference except for the SHOCK.

I did for for comfort! Therefore, I must be NOBODY! :ORC

There is a HUGE difference in the way this skid works in the Warrior vs the RX-1. Sorry LB, normally you're right on the money.....not this time!

I think my 136 corners great ...its not a mountain...its the perfect length track ...puts the rider more in the center of the sled and I've gone thru ditches my 121 would have never got me thru with being stuck! Its both traction and ride to me.. it only makes sense that the track will span alot of the studder bumps and stop fish tailing. ;)!

I bought the Warrior for comfort and versatility (traction was an after-thought). There is no comparison between the ride of a stock 121 RX 1 and 136 Warrior. Although the suspensions are pretty much the same, the 136 bridges the gaps. I will never go back to a 121 (I previously owned a 03 Viper).

You will not be disappointed with the performance of the 136 on trail. Granted, it does push in the corners a bit, but you will get used to it and adjust. In addition, although there is a weight difference, it is not noticable. The only time weight becomes a factor is when you have to dig out a burried RX 1 that ventured off trail. The Warrior stays above the powder much better. Go with the Attak.

:yam:

You can also make changes to the Warrior to solve the push problem. More aggressive skis are a great starting point, just moving to PowderPros and 8" Bergstrom carbides solved 80% of the push.

In the really tight twisties (below 10 or 15 mph), a stock warrior doesn't turn quite as quickly as a stock '03 RX1. I'd guess that the Ripsaw 121 would be closer tro the Warrior.

But on higher speed corners, a Warrior keeps up just fine and often can get ahead as you get better drive, and the track balances out the front end quite well. Plus you get better stability (no fishtailing) at high speed and in straight lines.

I'd say it's a 50/50 thing. Warrior definitely has better traction and flotation for those little corner 'excursions' when you need to get back on the trail, especially with the Powderpro skis, and in sloppy snow (like you get after the trail has been chewed up all day, or after a good snowstorm) the Warrior gets away from a stock Proacdtion 121 no problem.

However, there is more steering effort (need more aggressive front end and ski pressure). I also suspect the Warrior is more prone to ski-lift, all that traction takes more traction from the front end to turn: if you look at the forces involved, ski lift seems pretty obvious to mee.

I've only done about 50 miles on an RX ('03 with Skidoo 1.25" track, Simmons skis, M10), seemed better (flatter cornering) on hard groomed trails than my Warrior, but not as stable. Lot of the feel was due to the M10.

I have an 03 RX1 Mountain and I bought it for the long track ride. I've riden a shorty and it seems squearly to me. Mine dosn't push at all in the corners unless i'm going very slow, under 10 mph. I look at it like a short wheel base truck as to a long wheel base truck, longer rides better. In 03, if Yamaha would have had a Warrior like they should have thats what I would have bought. The Attak looks like the sled I will buy, if I sell my 03 1st. :4STroke:

Back