• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Overheat

For me, it has nothing to do with the temperature, and all about snow condition. I was heading out ice fishing in the morning and it was 40F or like 5C. The sled was great on the way out, the snow was slushy and got on the heat exchangers (this was pre-rear exchanger).

On the way home it was 10F/-10C and the snow got icy and the sled would overheat. I've had it overheat at -30. So if you are riding on decent snow you may never experience a problem.

Ahh yes we do have alot of water content in our snow, its pretty much always wet snow so i would think that plenty of water is being thrown up to cool the motor.

Attachments

• SPindle Bushings 017.jpg
    SPindle Bushings 017.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 58
thephast1 said:
For me, it has nothing to do with the temperature, and all about snow condition. I've had it overheat at -30. So if you are riding on decent snow you may never experience a problem.

X2, I have had the temp light come on when running on ice and very hardpacked snow at well below zero degrees F. It definately has more to do with the snow conditions than the air temperature IMO.

It's the conditions. I was out a few weeks ago and the trails were hard and very icey. Lot's of overheats. All brands.
My Attak with cooler never had the light come on. I have friends with Artic Cats and they overheated a few times in certain low snow conditions. I never did neither did my wife and here 03 VMax.
Also Hyfax wear is high in these conditions. I am going to look into Ice Scratchers for next year to save Hyfax.
I have the Mid Wheel kit and I'm not sure if I can mount them on my sled.

Back