• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Overheat

The new rear heat exchanger performed great this weekend. 500 miles riding at 25-38 F and the warning light never came on. We even ran 5 miles on ice covered roads.

like snow ho said..scratchers...was going to put an exchanger on...but put those on...never saw the light again..and my wife rides an attack..and the thing never goes over 6 thou...so not much movement in the flow....unless my son is on it...lol...tech said that if i put the exchanger on...it still might not stop it...hes a close friend...why...because it takes alot of reves to get the fluids to run all the way back to it..made some sense...never happend with me or my son on it....always has snow from the scratchers..cheap and they work..and the hyfax last longer too..hell the wife is happy... :-o

Wondering if rear heat exchanger would work on my sled with the factory installed rear tow hitch installed. Which has the backer plate bolted thru the rear tunnel extension, will the bolts iterfer with the exchanger, does it mount flush to the tunnel?

Overheating

I have a 2007 Attak Gt and had the same problem. I picked this sled up in January used with 235 miles on it. Noticed the light fist weekend out. The first thing that you should check before dropping 400 dollars on a rear heat exchanger is the coolant. My sled had 100% coolant in it. I use my refractometer to check and double check my mixture. Make sure you get all of the old coolant out and set your new mixture at 60/40. I did this to my sled at 300 miles and have not see the overheat light yet 1500 miles and counting. The best part is I do not run scrachers or a fourth heat exchanger. ;)!

We had all trails here ice this past week. Lot's of guys overheated. My light never came on at all on the same trails. Only thing I did to the sled was a rear cooler and studs. Anti freeze is OEM. No dilution or Water Wetter.
Even though I have extra mid wheels and front wheels I still wish I had scracthers for the hyfax. But this type of trail here is rare.

My overheating problem was fixed with no rear heat exchanger and no dilution or Water Wetter. I set my mixture to yamaha specs. After doing this I also found out that yamaha had shipped some Attaks and Apex's with the wrong coolant mixture. I found this out from a number of yamaha dealers in the area.

Part #

I have a 07 Attak GT and will be doing this in the off season
Yamaha rear heat exchanger part # 8FT-124AO-00-00 Port yamaha has the best price I've found Port Parts (Kevin) 1-262-377-5480

I also like my RHE on my attak because it removes the 10 lbs. of ice I used to pickup on warm days. I'm not sure this is related or not but I noticed alot less ice build up on my skid frame too.

I picked up my RHE from Port. They are great to work with.

Re: Part #

SNERT HEAD said:
I have a 07 Attak GT and will be doing this in the off season
Yamaha rear heat exchanger part # 8FT-124AO-00-00 Port yamaha has the best price I've found Port Parts (Kevin) 1-262-377-5480

so what is the latest price on a rear exchanger for the attak?

If you are studded be sure that enough tunnel protection is there. When the dealer installed mine they said there was no way the studs could hit it. Took in pictures after the 1st day with it & service guys simply went OOPS !!! They replaced at no cost but installing properly is important. I have a topic on this here from last season. Use me as an author to see the pics & the required fixes. Save yourself the head ache. Have never overheated since & definetly less ice build up in the rear. Now scratchers for the hyfax is something I may look at but for next season as we are rapidly losing snow with none in the next 2 week forecast. Season is close to, if not totally, done.

I have 1 5/8 in. of protectors now. I just hit with 1 1/4 in. so I added more.

Back