• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak sputtering and surging

snobro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Attack GT
I’m currently on a trip to Sudbury from parry sound and my 2007 Yamaha Attak is acting odd. Has only 7000 km’s. Drives fine from first start of the day but if I stop and shut off the engine for lunch or gas it will then surge and sputtering. Engine will die if I come to a stop. Won’t idle unless I hold the throttle. But if I drive hard. Like over half throttle to full it runs great! Lots of power. And after riding hard for awhile it will then run great and idle fine. I have noticed a slight increase in fuel consumption.

The sled was doing this on my last trip and I thought it was spark plugs so I changed them just before this trip. They were black! I also did the throttle position sensor test. Got a good read out. At idle it’s 15 and wot 97.

Also I’ve been only running 87 octane gas. Was thinking of trying 91 but in the past this makes my sled overheat.

Not sure what to try next. Currently spending the night next to royal so I’ve got access to parts! Lol

Forgot to mention I don’t get any codes or warning lights.

sounding like you might have a stuck injector to me or one of the coils is packing it in as from the sounds of it when i heat soaks from sitting it acts up worse. has any injector cleaner been run through it or seafoam?

lol i am working about 1km from your hotel till midnight.

Awesome I will try that. Do you think I should go 91 octane as well?

I recommend this hotel! Quite nice!

sounding like you might have a stuck injector to me or one of the coils is packing it in as from the sounds of it when i heat soaks from sitting it acts up worse. has any injector cleaner been run through it or seafoam?

lol i am working about 1km from your hotel till midnight.
e

Exhaust donuts gone?
My Nytro would sputter, spit & stall if I didn't give it any throttle but ran great once I got on the gas, no codes either, new donuts fixed it.
Water in fuel?

Exhaust donuts gone?
My Nytro would sputter, spit & stall if I didn't give it any throttle but ran great once I got on the gas, no codes either, new donuts fixed it.
Water in fuel?

That’s possible! I’ve got the SS flex pipes from fx garage works. Kinda like a donut delete kit. Maybe I’ve got a leak there. Would a exhaust leak make the sled run rich?

Mid grade at the least.

Checking the donuts would not hurt either.

That’s possible! I’ve got the SS flex pipes from fx garage works. Kinda like a donut delete kit. Maybe I’ve got a leak there. Would a exhaust leak make the sled run rich?
shouldn't be leaking then, not sure if it would make it run rich or not, mine didn't, I also changed my plugs at the same time & they looked great.

Exhaust is definitely leaking! On the way back to parry sound it got a lot louder after 9 mile lake! Cause of.... well..... it’s 9 mile lake! I mean come on!! Lol

Thanks everyone for your help!

Back