• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

B/O orange

Alsim

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
LTX SE 2018
I'll give a try with Dalton v2 B/O orange. Wandering if it's too much at 6-3 ? Tune 270 hp with 35 helix and STM weight running on xs825 belt. Thanks !

I'll give a try with Dalton v2 B/O orange. Wandering if it's too much at 6-3 ? Tune 270 hp with 35 helix and STM weight running on xs825 belt. Thanks !

6-3 is whats recommended with the V2, works great for me at

6-3 is whats recommended with the V2, works great for me at 270.
Thanks sdgzag ! Actually I have TP orange. I'm curious how the V2 BO will work compared to the TP

Mike can chime in and tell you the difference .. If I remember correctly the TP orange has SLIGHTLY more pressure then the B/O Dalton.. Both being at 6/3. I would say running either of these springs less then 6/2 on 270 tunes will burn the belt through the secondary. I have both springs and they both are great choices IMO.. A lot of factors involved, including traction being a big factor .. If you got lots of studs and a good pattern you better have the secondary spring wrapped up 6/3. Gears would be another factor. etc. Hey when you squeeze the lemon don't whack it right to the bar, just a nice even pull to the bar.. I find this to be a better way for hook and possibly lower belt temps?

If you want to truly find out what's best start at 6/1 and temp check your clutches and belt.. Too hot? /black marks? in secondary go to 6/2 and check again. Keep twisting until you find the twist that keeps belt temps low and clutches clean. I did this and found 6/3 on the TP orange to be best for temps. On the 22 (TD MAX 17)I changed my helix from a straight 45 to a straight 38, and still in the process of temp checking and twisting.. Im at 6/2 now with TP orange. I run 200 + studs and it hooks hard on hard pack.

We would all be interested to hear your take on the comparison

The Dalton blk/org is 8.5/52 kg.

The TPS orange is 13/55 kg, so stiffer across the board.

I've also had good luck with Dalton blk/tan at 10/57 kg wrapped to 50 degrees.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack. Is this the part number for the V2 Dalton spring?
And is that a good choice for a stock winder?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220127-070657_copy_540x585.png
    Screenshot_20220127-070657_copy_540x585.png
    260.1 KB · Views: 97
Guessing we will hear from guys running way less twist with different clutching components and tunes, gears, track length.
I just have not been able to run light spring pressure in the secondary while keeping belts cool and in one piece. Just putting it out on here that none of these setting are "one size fits all"

Mike can chime in and tell you the difference .. If I remember correctly the TP orange has SLIGHTLY more pressure then the B/O Dalton.. Both being at 6/3. I would say running either of these springs less then 6/2 on 270 tunes will burn the belt through the secondary. I have both springs and they both are great choices IMO.. A lot of factors involved, including traction being a big factor .. If you got lots of studs and a good pattern you better have the secondary spring wrapped up 6/3. Gears would be another factor. etc. Hey when you squeeze the lemon don't whack it right to the bar, just a nice even pull to the bar.. I find this to be a better way for hook and possibly lower belt temps?

If you want to truly find out what's best start at 6/1 and temp check your clutches and belt.. Too hot? /black marks? in secondary go to 6/2 and check again. Keep twisting until you find the twist that keeps belt temps low and clutches clean. I did this and found 6/3 on the TP orange to be best for temps. On the 22 (TD MAX 17)I changed my helix from a straight 45 to a straight 38, and still in the process of temp checking and twisting.. Im at 6/2 now with TP orange. I run 200 + studs and it hooks hard on hard pack.
Wow !!! 6-3 on the TP orange. Did you ask Hulk Hogan to twist it for you !!.... I run it at 3-1.. It's a very stiff spring

Last edited:
Wow !!! 6-3 on the TP orange. Did you ask Hulk Hogan to twist it for you !!.... I run it at 3-1.. It's a very stiff spring
I know right! @3/3 with that spring on 2022 with straight 38 it leaves burn marks on secondary sheaves. From top to bottom. If I ran it at 3/1 I could snap belt on one pull of a 1/2 mile. It may work for many but not for me. Many factors involved pertaining to secondary spring and twist. I tried starting light on it @ 3/3. I know with the stock belt I could probably draw smoke off the clutches with light spring pressure.

Back