• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back from the U.P

yamafarm

Extreme
well I'm back from My trip north, couple of things to report.
1.Meyer ent in Ishpenming is on of the nicest coolest dealers I have ever met He took care of me and my group like we were long time customers.
2. SMB's pipe was sweet had a much better sound than before.
3. SMB's clutch kit is the way to go on this sled.
4. SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!! We had the best riding I have ever seen in my life! It's too bad most of my trip was soured by my ill handleing sled and it's darting! I fought that thing for three days in the groomed stuff nearly got tossed off a mountain when it refused to turn on a corner.
To make a long story short and sad.....I traded my Phazer for a 600 TNT Etec. I was so disgusted with my phazer I had to. Nobody could make it go straight plus with the snow up there I was outta HP way to fast.
I love this site and have gotten some very good info and advice here.
Later,
Will

This isn't a site to come on to bash the phazer, enough forums are out there if you want to sled bash. There are many people on here who will tell you its one of the best sleds they have ridden. As with anything, it takes time to get used to the very different feel of it along with suspension tuning for each individual rider characteristics.

Anyways enjoy the 600 Etec. I got a Summit 600 Etec 146 this year for the mountains and love the sled. I still won't trade anything else for my Phazer on a rough trail day!

I'm not ashing it at all. I loved it in rough trail. I simply could not make it handle in a sake manner I can handle the tippy part I can habdle it on a rough trail/ditchbanging it was the death dart that I found to be the problem.
I loved 99.9 percent of the sled and I worked it over with all the cool parts too. I don't belive I bashed the sled on bit in my post. I loved the low end and the sound of the engine loved the amout of travel I just hated the wway it rode on a trail.It became a safety issue for me.I

too bad for you did you take a bath on the phazer? i dont dial nothin in, i ride it and compensate for it, its still to fast for most guys to ride with imo. in the rough that is. it doesnt want to turn hang off it works for me, try ridin it like its a wheeler.

Not really I got good money out of it which kinda suprised me but the dealer I traded with had no used sleds in so maybe that was a factor.
As for riding it like a wheeler I did that. I had to work myself to death to just keep it on the trail. I'm sure something was wrong with the sled because I had never had any problems before.
I was on the fence about trading anyway I had thought about a nytro but after the ride I took on one I said no.

Darting is probably the easiest thing to fix on a Phazer.Now that TNT I will admit handles awesome.Just be sure you use a GPS for speed readings because the speedometer is way off on those things.I felt my Phazer had equal or a bit more than the TNT.

The first trip with my Phazer had me concerned also, but it was very powdery, so I came here, asked some questions and decided to give it another try. After this weekend, I think I have mine very close to where I want it. It handled good, but I have had to adjust my riding style. By the end of Sat., I was having a ball. Just my thoughts. Yamafarm, good luck with the new sled.

Back