• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Balaclava

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
What's the best warmest balaclava? It was -8 today and a lot worse at 70mph my new helmet had lots of air coming through it I have a heated shield to so hope I won't get much fogging. How does the klim arctic compare to the castle x deflector or the castle x no fog? Thanks

No experience with the Castle products. I and everyone else I ride with, use the MX and goggle style helmets with Klim Arctics, and we all love them. Very warm and no fog.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

What Ringold24 said. I've been really happy using the Klim Arctic balaclava. No experience with Castle or other brands to compare. The Arctic does the job without any compromise when using a motocross style helmet without any cold air leaking in around my prescription googles without fogging and does a great job keeping your neck and upper chest area nice and toasty.

Love my FXR gear but my balaclava is and has been Klim since they came out. Can't beat them.

X4 on the Klim arctic, everyone in our group wears one. When the temps do drop (like now) I wear additional face protection in addition to the Klim arctic.

Tall windshield, gmax helmet (no leaks)& skidoo microfiber balaclava ($15).....good to below zero & sweating.

Attachments

• blackopselite_balaclava_black-hivis_181607-1065_1_1.png
    blackopselite_balaclava_black-hivis_181607-1065_1_1.png
    388.3 KB · Views: 266
I was looking into the klim arctic but I don't think it will work with my castle x 950 (full face with breath shield) cause of the big deflector that I'll look into that fxr that's pretty impressive in those temps

I've used only your typical face mask on my full face helmets this cold snap.. with the neck warmer and below zero and high speeds are fine.

X4 on the Klim arctic, everyone in our group wears one. When the temps do drop (like now) I wear additional face protection in addition to the Klim arctic.

X5

Works awesome with an MX helmet

Back