• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Solid Axle 4th wheel kit.....now in stock

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Making some progress on my solid axle rear wheel kit. By now many have already purchased 4th wheel kits, but the nice thing about my design is it will allow for any combination of wheels that you may already have whether it be J&T, Yamaha or even the stock tri hub wheels. This will allow many to upgrade to a true solid axle for less money and not make their previous wheel kit purchase obsolete.

In addition my kit upgrades the track adjusters to a billet piece.

Details to follow as I progress! ;)!

Making some progress on my solid axle rear wheel kit. By now many have already purchased 4th wheel kits, but the nice thing about my design is it will allow for any combination of wheels that you may already have whether it be J&T, Yamaha or even the stock tri hub wheels. This will allow many to upgrade to a true solid axle for less money and not make their previous wheel kit purchase obsolete.

In addition my kit upgrades the track adjusters to a billet piece.

Details to follow as I progress! ;)!
Sounds interesting I was just going to purchase J&T keep me posted thanks

Watching. I am back to two wheels temperaily

So, if I already only added the 2 Yamaha wheels to the outside, your axle can just replace the stock axle and be used with all 4 existing wheels? And this is still addressing the common issue of stock tri hub failure? If so, I'm subscribed. Was going to get a replacement kit for next season and this may just be the ticket.

So, if I already only added the 2 Yamaha wheels to the outside, your axle can just replace the stock axle and be used with all 4 existing wheels? And this is still addressing the common issue of stock tri hub failure? If so, I'm subscribed. Was going to get a replacement kit for next season and this may just be the ticket.

The design is quite versatile which will allow me to cater to almost anyone's desire.

The tri hub is a strong design, it just is not forgiving if you slack off on bearing upkeep and loose a bearing in one of the wheels. My kit will give you the option to use the stock tri hub wheels or replace them with independent wheels. Another alternative is you can just cut off the 3 posts that joint the two tri hub wheels to make them independent. As for the outside wheels as long as they have a 6004 or 6205 bearing they can be used with my axle kit.

The kit will require modification to the rail slot and I have slick set up designed. Once i get my prototype plates back and do an install I will post some pictures.

After a few different mock ups I think I have come up with a design that suits me. Despite different rail designs on the 129, 137 and 141 skids I was able to come up with one design that will work for all. Hope to meet up with my machinist next week to discuss some things and get him started on some of the components.

The design is quite versatile which will allow me to cater to almost anyone's desire.

The tri hub is a strong design, it just is not forgiving if you slack off on bearing upkeep and loose a bearing in one of the wheels. My kit will give you the option to use the stock tri hub wheels or replace them with independent wheels. Another alternative is you can just cut off the 3 posts that joint the two tri hub wheels to make them independent. As for the outside wheels as long as they have a 6004 or 6205 bearing they can be used with my axle kit.

The kit will require modification to the rail slot and I have slick set up designed. Once i get my prototype plates back and do an install I will post some pictures.

I hope not

Been awhile since I posted anything on this. Some have raised concern of having to modify the rails, but reality is if you want to run a true 25mm axle the slot has to be enlarged. Below are a few pictures and I will explain my logic. I would like some feedback once you see what I'm proposing.

The rail adaptor plates will have track adjustment blocks integrated into them. The rail plate will likely be 1 machined billet piece as shown below. It would snap into the rail, self locating itself and would be fixed in place. Similar concept as a rail extension. I used some clay to depict the concept for photo below.

IMG_2613.jpg

Once the plate is snapped in place you would then mark the new slot on the rail. Using a burr( which I would provide with the kit) you simply use an air tool or drill to enlarge the slot in the rail. The slot does not have to be perfect and can be oversized....it just needs to be opened so the axle can clear. Once you snap the rail plate on have a perfectly aligned slot and your grinding work is completely hidden. Its approximately 3.5 mm that need to be removed on top and bottom of slot.

IMG_2611.jpg

Please provide some feedback so I can determine if this is worth pursuing. There are more details to sort out, but main thing I need to know is if you would consider modifying the rail.

Been awhile since I posted anything on this. Some have raised concern of having to modify the rails, but reality is if you want to run a true 25mm axle the slot has to be enlarged. Below are a few pictures and I will explain my logic. I would like some feedback once you see what I'm proposing.

The rail adaptor plates will have track adjustment blocks integrated into them. The rail plate will likely be 1 machined billet piece as shown below. It would snap into the rail, self locating itself and would be fixed in place. Similar concept as a rail extension. I used some clay to depict the concept for photo below.

View attachment 142234

Once the plate is snapped in place you would then mark the new slot on the rail. Using a burr( which I would provide with the kit) you simply use an air tool or drill to enlarge the slot in the rail. The slot does not have to be perfect and can be oversized....it just needs to be opened so the axle can clear. Once you snap the rail plate on have a perfectly aligned slot and your grinding work is completely hidden. Its approximately 3.5 mm that need to be removed on top and bottom of slot.

View attachment 142235

Please provide some feedback so I can determine if this is worth pursuing. There are more details to sort out, but main thing I need to know is if you would consider modifying the rail.
I wonder if this jig would allow conversion to 19 axle and 6205 bearings?

Ok...so not much feed back on modifying the rail. I'm going to assume many will no want to and going to move ahead with my plan B.

Plan B will still be a stronger option that utilizes a solid axle and no rail modifications. This option will also work as an upgrade kit and utilize all the wheels existing in the various 4th wheel kits on the market. Stay tuned. More details to follow soon!

I am very interested in this. I am getting ready to place an order with you and would like to get all at once. I did not see a price for your ice scratchers and the mounts for skis. I also want the belt adjustor/belt change tool a belly pan protector and the 4th wheel kit. You know all of the stuff these things need to be right.

I should have all components in a week or 2 and then I will post up pics of the whole set up and pricing.

In my opinion the weak point in all rear axle set ups except the Larson is the 2 mounting bolts. My kits will address this at a more affordable price. Will share as soon as I have parts in hand!

Back