• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bearings

Vandelay Industries

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
Anyone know a good place to get replacement bearings? Changing my track and figured I would put all new while I got it apart.
I would like to change all 5. 3 in chaincase and 2 clutch side.
Any stores that sell as a complete kit?
Thanks

I bought only 1 from Yamaha, and the rest came from bearing supply store. Look in the phone directory under bearings and you can find a place. They are top brand name and last the same. Only thing I also bought was new seals through Yamaha, along with the 1 bearing which was the jackshaft clutch side, since I updated my setup to a newer style lock collar.

Royal has them all, another thing you might want to consider changing is your DRIVESHAFT...they tend to SHEAR around the 10.000kms or so, I changed mine this year as preventive maintenance, its like $182.00 CDN and as mentioned earlier make sure to change upper and lower oil seals.

All bearings you need are on page 175 here's the link, some only have 1 seal othes none, all you have to do is to remove seals as required, most of them are "6205" http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/i ... Number=175

I noticed when taking the chaincase apart that the bottom bearing had a seal in place only on one side. The side with the snap ring.
Does this seal need to be there or can I take it out so the oil can get at it easier?

I was told to leave it as it keeps any metal particles out. In theory enough oil gets in to keep it lubed. I found mine that way as well. Seal to the case side and seal removed on the drive shaft side.

Vandelay Industries said:
I noticed when taking the chaincase apart that the bottom bearing had a seal in place only on one side. The side with the snap ring.
Does this seal need to be there or can I take it out so the oil can get at it easier?
replace the bearing, mine blew at 4000 miles, cost $1200 to replace the chaincase, pos in oil still seized

I don't know why they don't put the seal on the drive shaft side rather than inside the chaincase. Then the bearing would be cinstantly bather in oil rather than getting the scraps that seek in through the seal if you guys see what I'm thinking.

What some do is drill very SMALL holes in seal, 2 or 3 to let the oil seep in, I tought it was a good idea, but mind you I changed mine when I replaced my driveshaft at 6000 miles and was still in GREAT shape, also replaceed oil seal while at it.

Back