• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt Replacement Stock RX1 - OEM or Aftermarket

I was told the 00 belt was still available. I wish I could get the belt wear that some others get. Cant find anything wrong with my clutches but Im lucky to get 800 mi on a belt before it goes boom.

So what is the difference between the 00 and 01? And which one should I run on a stock 03 RX-1? Thanks

I have 7900 miles on the original OEM drive belt and there is plent of life left in it. I use only Yamaha drive belts on all my sleds.

the 01 is fine to run. in canada they re-called the 00 from their dealers so all we can get now is 01. the 01 is slightly narrower so you shold not have to adjust your secondary every time you put a new belt on.

I use Dayco HPX on both of my RX's and have not had any issues with them. I was told to use Yamaha only as well but thought I would try out a "cheaper" belt as my local Yama dealer wanted just under $100 per belt.. I pay $50.00 each for the Dayco's and have had only one fail in 4 years.

I've shredded 2 in 1000 miles! both -01's. I suspect my alignment is off???Once was horsing it in the powder for a long time, Once was on a rail bed holding 116-118. lol Maybe my problems are self-inflicted, but belts on my SRX took this kind of beating like a champ and it's the same belt! of course, the warrior turns 2000 more rpms. All I know is those suckers arent cheap, So I bought a Dayco HPX as my next spare! time will tell I suppose

woodchk454 said:
would suggest making sure wether you have an -00 or -01 belt and getting the same as what you had the -01 is a little wider.
If I remember right, they did replace the 00 with 01 belts. I was told the 01 cost more. I havnt bought one yet. I have just shy of 5000 boosted miles on my sled and have yet to shread one... not to say I havnt burn a few, but never shreaded one.

I seem to get about 5k out of the OEM belt, then it starts leaving cords/threads and making a mess under the hood. That seems to be about the mileage I have ever got from a belt on my sleds in the past. Phazer/exciter/v max/viper/venture
:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Back