• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BEST CLUTCH KIT ?????

I'm with you! My question exactly. Here's what I found last year. The Dalton 57.5 gram weights worked very well. As elevation went up and it got warmer I had a hard time getting 10,200. I think 56.5 would be ideal. The 8BU-00 weights work well on the bottom at least. My buddy tried them and loved them but I never did get to try them.
I honestly liked the 8DN-00 weights the best SO FAR. The problem with the Dalton weigths was there wasn't enough tip weight. The range went down with the weights but the throttle respsonse went up. SO, since the Dalton weigths use the Yamaha 8DN profile I searched for a weight with the same profile with a lot of tip weight to shift me up and improve my economy. Enter the 98 SRX 8DN-00. They have been banished to the land of misfit toys. Find a set for $30, load them to the max (I actually have a steel washer under both ends of the inner rivets and I'm using 15mm rollers). You won't believe the FUN FACTOR, it now has better than 2 stroke response. Powder Blue

True Blue, a picture of my primary? I'm sure it's the same as yours? I am using the stock RX-1M primary spring O/S/O with three shims now. I am using the Dalton 54/42 progressive helix with a silver Yamaha spring wrapped to 80 degrees. I have a bunch of weigths to try this winter but right now the 8DN-00 is my favorite. Powder Blue

Back