• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Drive Belt for 07 Phazer fx?

sethryder

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 phazer fx
Is the Yamaha 8gk-1741-10-00 the drive belt everyone recommends for an 07 phazer fx with reverse or is there another belt that offers better performance now?

thanks!

seth

Last edited:

I installed Ulmer Clutch kit and asked Allen his recommendation and here's his replay - I'm running the 8GS with no issues.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I usually like to run the original stock 8GS belt, but if you are having problems with getting the sled into reverse then the new 8GK belt will work as well, but we may need to lighten up the tips of the weights slightly for the 8GK belt.

Best Regards,
Allen Ulmer
Ulmer Racing

I installed Ulmer Clutch kit and asked Allen his recommendation and here's his replay - I'm running the 8GS with no issues.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I usually like to run the original stock 8GS belt, but if you are having problems with getting the sled into reverse then the new 8GK belt will work as well, but we may need to lighten up the tips of the weights slightly for the 8GK belt.

Best Regards,
Allen Ulmer
Ulmer Racing
How recent did you ask Allen Ulmer for his belt recommendations? If you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

I'm running the updated 8GS with the Ulmer clutch kit for 4 years without any issues.

aside from a turbo I have every mod you can do, and the stock yammi belt (pink label whatever that is) runs fantastic, no issues. I am running ulmer primary weights/spring and a custom YVX secondary setup

I run the 8gk with a YVX secondary, my first belt finally died at 6000 miles last year.

Back