• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Handling / Fastest Nytro Trail Sled??

sorry for yelling, we use all caps at work. lol

After my Fiance rode my '09 with mods in my signature she called it hers and never gave it back so I just picked up a '14 nytro for myself. It's been a while since I rode a stock Nytro and after riding my (her) '09 and my '14 back to back I'd forgotten how much of a difference a stock Nytro rode. As far as I'm concerned, Mountaintech 43+2 front end, Curve Skis and a Hygear revalve should be a standard purchase if you trail ride.

SMZ,
Yes, the OFT steering relocate was one of the first things I did to the XTX back in 2011, it helped but the sled had so many other issues in its stock form. Installed the JRE Leverage Power Steering kit last winter, it makes the steering easier and gives your arms more room for cornering.

Last edited:
m.schuey.... i have a quick question, are you running the 1.5" crossover track studded? I am changing the track on mine shortly (22,000km on the stock ripsaw) and would like to run 1.5" studded or maybe the 1.6" ice cobra.

thanks

Stub111,
We get icy trails once in awhile, not very often though, mostly groomed snow or fresh. I have the 1.5 cross-over and love it, good compromise for what I ride. I did need to cut the outside lugs of the track 1/2" down to 1" to get the proper handling balance. Had a bit too much understeer for my taste 1.5" all the way across.

Did you try the Mountain Tech a arm's with your set up ?

No, never got around to getting the kit on order.
Rear shocks seem dead so working on that project at the moment.

Back