• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Handling / Fastest Nytro Trail Sled??

1Nc,
Through the whoops it is awesome, just powers smoothly over them on the throttle. On smoother trails in deeper snow Im sure it touch's but have never had an issue in 4000 miles. If it were to hit something solid it might be a problem but that will happen with any sled/rider that takes the chance of riding off trail in low snow conditions.

Mountaintech,
Have noticed your A Arms for quite some time. Will check out the specs again on your website. What is the best way to contact you?

m.schuey7 I see you mounted your speedo on the riser, did you extend the harness yourself or does somebody make an extension. The sled looks great btw, did you take the C&A's off and put Curves on?? Signature says Curves. I put a set of C&A mountains on and really like em. Are you able to run pump gas with the stage 1 SC. and how bad did your milage fall off? I plan on doing a Stage1 this summer, that 220hp sounds great but don't want to have to run race gas.

Marc,
The harness length was maxed out with the gauge in that location, didnt really like how much I had to stretch the harness. Ended up moving the gauge back into the stock position after I installed JRE leverage power steering kit which moves the clamp and bars even higher, so had to move the gauge. The Skis are C&A Razors with 6" Carbides, need to change my description :)
Highly recommend the MPI Supercharger kit if you can find one. Gas mileage is worse, probably lost 20 miles of range, worth it though! Im at 9psi using 91-92 octane pump.
Engine has stock internals. Have around a 1000 miles on the kit, no issues yet except for a un-even idle

How do you like the JRE steering setup?

There's a couple speedo relocate setups out there, one on the riser, maybe that's what you have, and another that moves it back 3 or 4 in. and pivots which may not be far enough. I meant to ask, there have been a couple guys with the super chargers that said they had heating issues, any problems with your setup and that 220 hp is that with pump gas? I live out in the boonies and getting race gas would be a problem. I'm doing it anyway even if I have to settle for less hp just logging as much info as I can. I've got to check out this JRE steering, had never heard of it before, just finished the OFT relocate, test run tomorrow, it definitely feels easier sitting in the shop.
Would like to add, this site is the best I've seen, there's tons of good info and great people, I've had snowmobiles for 30 plus years, mostly AC with a few Doo's but I have to say I'm really into this Nytro, so much you can do with it and a great reliable motor.

Keith & Marc,
The JRE LPS kit and spindle kit are the reason I am still on a Nytro, without those mods the sled is just a good engine sitting in a unbalanced chassis. Their steering mod along with the OFT relocate is what I am using now and its the best setup yet. Handlebars are up and out of the way and the steering clamp mounted in the top position feels about 40% easier to steer than what I had before.
I am using pump 91-92 with 9 psi boost. No issues so far. Have had the overheat light come on (with and w/out the blower) in icey low snow conditions, I dont ride much in those conditions anyway so no big deal. MPI sells a nice tunnel cooling kit that I am looking at though mainly to keep the tunnel from icing as much.

Latest upgrade: Finally ditched the stock muffler and installed a Coast Racing straight through muffler. Had to buy a step up adapter to attach to larger OD of new muffler and buy a motorcycle exhaust clamp, fairly easy install. Saved about 10 pounds.
It is quite a bit louder, will need earplugs now, should let the boosted motor do what its supposed to. :)

Attachments

• Coast1.jpg
    Coast1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 267
  • Coast3.jpg
    Coast3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 261
  • Coast2.jpg
    Coast2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 264
  • Coast4.jpg
    Coast4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
Have you tried the mountain tech arms?

I was pretty close to sell the nytro and get a Doo G4, but had to give the arms a try... Man that thing as finally become a trail monster !!! The nytro is staying and even thinking of getting a second one now that I know this kit works!!

Friend of mine made a mechanical leverage plate to help the Nytro and most other snowmobiles steer easier. Used it the last two rides of the season. VERY nice for the nytro. Post some pics soon.
I’m very interested to see those photos, my 08 steers harder than a semi without power steering!

Alexander,
No have not tried the Mountain Tech "A" Arms, probably should though :) Looks like that product goes in the same direction as the JRE Spindle I'm using which totally transformed the Nytro into a trail performer. Need to call them!!

Have you tried the mountain tech arms?

I was pretty close to sell the nytro and get a Doo G4, but had to give the arms a try... Man that thing as finally become a trail monster !!! The nytro is staying and even thinking of getting a second one now that I know this kit works!!

IS YOURS AN XTX? MTX? AND WHAT WIDTH MOUNTAINTECH DID YOU GO WITH?

Back