• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best skis for Southwest Michigan

cwhite3

Veteran
I don't know what people would consider the conditions of southwest michigan would be. I know that C&A PROS are for hard packed snow and Simmons for everything else. What be the best for where I ride?

I would venture to guess Simmons. I can't imagine there being too many hard packed trails around you.

Hey, y not go to paw paw lake sports and ask mark thier. He knows everything about everything cause he is from Chicago

Yeah you just can't miss with the Simmons in any condition I've found. Plus with the additional carbides on the ground they sure do seem to last longer. You will find that the outside ones wear a bit more so at the end of the season just swap the outsides with the insides and enjoy 2 years out of your carbides. If you do lose the flat front carbide then I would consider replacing one. But you'll find that you'll probably be able to go a bit more than 2 years though.

Simmons, I had them on my 02 Viper and swapped them onto the RX when I got it, and can honestly say they ROCK. :Rockon:

Southwest michagan??? DO you mean in the U.P.??j If so they are all groomed trails!!

This is where the C@As shine!!

Not the UP Brian, he's talking about terrain that's probably like around your house.

Dan.. OOOO... you mean the Crappy kind.. LOL

Woodys dualies work well in this terrain.. but i still like my skis better!

Im gonna say the C&A's. I have them on my srx and i love them, theya re tough skis when you run into low snow and there is rocks and stuff, they float good when you get into the powder. So C&A is my choice for here!

Back