• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bikeman Tune??

twyztid

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE - TD Power Trail, CAI, 3" Super Quiet
2012 RS Vector
2006 Apex GT
There is a local guy selling an 18 Sidewinder LTX DX at a reasonable price with a Bikeman 245 tune on it. I had never heard of a Bikeman tune before. It seems that Hurricane, Precision EFI, and Turbo Dynamics are the 3 major players in tunes for these sleds. Would the Bikeman tune be a reason to stay away from that sled?

IMO It wouldn't be a reason to stay away from that sled!!!
We don't see any major issues in programming with any vendors. If there was issues with the less promoted shops word would get out immediately and guys would say "stay away"

I am just wondering if they "tune" in the same way as other vendors by reprogramming the ECU or some other way that "fools" the ECU. I also would like to know if it is easy to change tunes. For instance, if I bought this sled and decided I wanted one of the more well know tunes, would there be any issue having the new tune written to the ECU?

Bikeman builds fast competitive sleds so I wouldn't worry about it. With anyone's tune, the ECU can be re-flashed whenever you want and the 3 companies you mention also have tune bundles so you can select whichever level tune you want from the dash.

I guess I have to decide if it is worth buying this 18 Sidewinder LTX-DX and selling my 15 Viper LTX Turbo. I have had the Viper for 2 seasons and it is still like new with a little over 3000 miles on it. I am finally getting near done upgrading parts, setting it up, and tuning my Viper and I really like it. It feels more "snappy" to me on the bottom end than some Sidewinders that I have ridden (stock & tuned) but falls short on the top end. On the other hand, I realize that the Sidewinder has much more potential. The guy is asking $9200 for the 18 Sidewinder LTX-DX with a Bikeman tune and their trail muffler (2600 miles).

I guess I have to decide if it is worth buying this 18 Sidewinder LTX-DX and selling my 15 Viper LTX Turbo. I have had the Viper for 2 seasons and it is still like new with a little over 3000 miles on it. I am finally getting near done upgrading parts, setting it up, and tuning my Viper and I really like it. It feels more "snappy" to me on the bottom end than some Sidewinders that I have ridden (stock & tuned) but falls short on the top end. On the other hand, I realize that the Sidewinder has much more potential. The guy is asking $9200 for the 18 Sidewinder LTX-DX with a Bikeman tune and their trail muffler (2600 miles).
If you like it pull the trigger. I'm sure the tune is just fine. Bikeman has been in the business a long time.

isn't the Bikeman tune done by Precision?

I don't think so??
They state in the advertisement that the tunes are designed in their performance center!!

There 260hp tune is 95 octane recommended
And the 270 is 110octane recommended .

20200522_055620.jpg

Last edited:
99.8% percent sure bikeman does their own 2 and 4 stroke tuning. Speedwerx I believe uses precision for their tuning.

I think I am going to pass on this sled. I decided the upgrade cost plus the cost of the mods/upgrades I would want to do to it aren't worth it to me at this point. I finally got my 15 Viper turbo mostly tuned in last season and had a lot of fun with it. It is hard to pass this one up for the price (and color) but it's probably the right thing to do for me. I'll get a Sidewinder someday.

FYI, Speedwerx (who's in my back yard) does PEFI tunes but only up to Stage 3. They were an early PEFI dealer but after 2 yrs things kind of fell apart. To my knowledge, they can still do up to Stage 3. Anything past that you have to elsewhere. Good news is you can go directly to them for any tune if you want. Not sure how that squares with their dealers.

Back