• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bit the Bullet - Axis Shocks

I spend my money on GAS!

About 20 gallons per ride...and 4 hot dogs....and a Reese's peanut butter cup!

Steve....have a cookie my friend, and remember if you come back to Hay Days next year where you can stay!
Plate-of-cookies-clipart-2.jpg

I have sooo much fun on this site! It cracks me up when we have a BRAND NEW sled & crazy people, my people, rip them apart & spend tons of money before we even ride them. I'm freakin' out, and a little jealous, with all the mods you guys are doing. I forget some guys have the DX with plain shocks that make a shock upgrade almost necessary.

The 1st question in this whole thread will be the comparo between stock shocks & top end custom shocks. If it's a close match then ALL will know to save their money.

If not, the 2nd question would be how good stock shocks re-calibrated by Hygear would compare at only $50 per shock. We'd have to wait until next year.

The 3rd question would be if Rick:aka RNUSR01, will let me swap sleds to compare.

The 4th question is, if i ride Rick's sled will i have to spend another $5000 in mods!

I can see the conversation with my son now, "son, college is over-rated, the MARINES is where you need to be"

I have sooo much fun on this site! It cracks me up when we have a BRAND NEW sled & crazy people, my people, rip them apart & spend tons of money before we even ride them. I'm freakin' out, and a little jealous, with all the mods you guys are doing. I forget some guys have the DX with plain shocks that make a shock upgrade almost necessary.

The 1st question in this whole thread will be the comparo between stock shocks & top end custom shocks. If it's a close match then ALL will know to save their money.

If not, the 2nd question would be how good stock shocks re-calibrated by Hygear would compare at only $50 per shock. We'd have to wait until next year.

The 3rd question would be if Rick:aka RNUSR01, will let me swap sleds to compare.

The 4th question is, if i ride Rick's sled will i have to spend another $5000 in mods!

I can see the conversation with my son now, "son, college is over-rated, the MARINES is where you need to be"

The Marines are great, teach much needed discipline today.. LOL. You are welcome to ride my sled lets get some snow.

If I had the LE shocks I likely wouldn't be doing this. Even Ross said the LE shocks are very good, they just don't have a wide enough adjustment range - but that's kinda by design so they're more user friendly and OEM-like. He said setting #3 is so still it pretty much locks the shock, so in reality you only have 2 settings. But again, if I had the QS3Rs I wouldn't be doing this. Everything I've read is that the QS3Rs are are WAY better than the Fox 1.5 Zeros, and that the Axis are better than the QS3Rs, so I'm hoping for a major improvement. Will let you all know after the snow flies.

#3 is almost unusable on QSR3's. When i talked to Hygear he said they make it useable. If these shocks are comparable to the Axis, then next year i'll send them out to be re-calibrated & then they'll be DYNOMITE....can anyone name where that saying came from?

#3 is almost unusable on QSR3's. When i talked to Hygear he said they make it useable. If these shocks are comparable to the Axis, then next year i'll send them out to be re-calibrated & then they'll be DYNOMITE....can anyone name where that saying came from?

SOB thats driving me nutts. I can hear and see him saying but cant put my finger on it yet.

GOOD TIMES

Talked to the boys at FAST and they will have their assault ski shocks for the pro cross sleds this year. New offset upper mount so the huge air springs will clear upper a arm. Super light and only 650usd. I’m running a m20 in my viper I think I’ll give them a try.

Yep agree. I had axis fronts so I bought the se because I had no need for more. Will keep swapping them out till they don’t fit lol. If I didn’t do that I would have gotten the le so I didn’t need to get new shocks and I would have had them sent out and redone for myself and new springs. If they made the full blue le in an rtx I would have pulled trigger on it in first place

Back