• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bit the Bullet - Axis Shocks

Got all my new Axis shocks installed and set it on the ground. The rear feels SUPER plush.

Those of you who know what you're doing - does the front look too low to you? This is how they came set up, which is how Hygear suggested I start. I might give them a call tomorrow and just confirm it's not sitting too low.

IMG_3864.jpg IMG_3865.jpg IMG_3866.jpg

Got all my new Axis shocks installed and set it on the ground. The rear feels SUPER plush.

View attachment 134266 View attachment 134267 View attachment 134268 Those of you who know what you're doing - does the front look too low to you? This is how they came set up, which is how Hygear suggested I start. I might give them a call tomorrow and just confirm it's not sitting too low.
Its not too low. Start there. Springs will settle a little too. Should be about perfect then.

Was hoping to take my sled to MI for Christmas this year and get some miles on, but it's not to be as my in-laws will not be going to their cottage for New Years now . . . If MN gets hit this week I might be able to rustle up someone here. I think my main riding buddy will be in Chicago all week, but if we get real snow I'll be riding Saturday if at all possible and will report back. Sadly I'm not confident I'll get any miles on until after Jan 1.

Was hoping to take my sled to MI for Christmas this year and get some miles on, but it's not to be as my in-laws will not be going to their cottage for New Years now . . . If MN gets hit this week I might be able to rustle up someone here. I think my main riding buddy will be in Chicago all week, but if we get real snow I'll be riding Saturday if at all possible and will report back. Sadly I'm not confident I'll get any miles on until after Jan 1.
Cripes take it in ditch! Ground has to be froze by now. Good test. Snow is just a cushion.

If it snows on the north shore we’ll be heading up to two harbors sat am just wait for Thursday trail report.

They come set at a middle ground. Measure 19.5” to of front bumper. That’s the “stock” procross ride height.

Art, I would say that the level of your a-arms are spot on. I can't offer any advice on measuring your bumper height from the ground since the front of my bumper had to be cut off to install the Racewerx bumper.

Hopefully this pic will give you some idea of the height of my a-arms with the Custom Axis shocks:

17.03.10_Mar-UP-Snowmobiling_635_149.JPG

Art, I would say that the level of your a-arms are spot on. I can't offer any advice on measuring your bumper height from the ground since the front of my bumper had to be cut off to install the Racewerx bumper.

Hopefully this pic will give you some idea of the height of my a-arms with the Custom Axis shocks:

View attachment 134274
Bottom A-Arms look about the same, sj's advice is spot on.

The Hygear manual recommends spraying the shock with a water-repelling or dry lubricant. Do any of you do that and if so what do you use?

Bottom A-Arms look about the same, sj's advice is spot on.

The Hygear manual recommends spraying the shock with a water-repelling or dry lubricant. Do any of you do that and if so what do you use?

Dupont Teflon Snow and Ice

Back