• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bit the Bullet - Axis Shocks

That looks like a dual spring center shock in the diagram. Didn't realize they were dual rate?????

That looks like a dual spring center shock in the diagram. Didn't realize they were dual rate?????
Yes they are dual rate springs and when ordered are sprung and valved for sled type, rider, etc

I was referring to the diagram Rockerdan posted. I saw on Hygear's site the the custom axis were all dual rate. That is about $180 per shock as an upgrade on the fox, I think.

Maybe I need a whole team of therapists to tell me that what I'm really doing is making a cry for help. But after talking to Ross ay Hygear, and all the advice from this excellent group of human beings, I have a full set of custom Axis shocks in the queue and hope to be installing them over Thanksgiving.

Maybe I need a whole team of therapists to tell me that what I'm really doing is making a cry for help. But after talking to Ross ay Hygear, and all the advice from this excellent group of human beings, I have a full set of custom Axis shocks in the queue and hope to be installing them over Thanksgiving.

Nice..........

Art......You 'Da Man!

You don't need any therapists. Just keep listening to those voices in your head like I do.

You'll find that they are always right!

What put you over the edge?

What put you over the edge?

It was coming up on 24 hours since I had purchased something for this sled and I had to act fast before I got the shakes and cold sweats.

After talking to you and Don and doing a bunch more reading, I realized there must be a big improvement in ride with good shocks. I've honestly never thought much about shocks on previous sleds other than to have them rebuilt every other year. Knowing you're a "shock guy" and have them on the front meant a lot, so did all the very positive (but limited) reviews of the Axis and Hygear on the web. Then I called and talked to Ross at Hygear this morning and while I'm sure he was "selling", he said so much that made sense and how much the ride could be improved over the stock SE shocks that I decided it'd be worth improving my rides when the trails get rough - which they always do on the weekends.

Plus, I am clearly a junkie ;)

It was coming up on 24 hours since I had purchased something for this sled and I had to act fast before I got the shakes and cold sweats.

After talking to you and Don and doing a bunch more reading, I realized there must be a big improvement in ride with good shocks. I've honestly never thought much about shocks on previous sleds other than to have them rebuilt every other year. Knowing you're a "shock guy" and have them on the front meant a lot, so did all the very positive (but limited) reviews of the Axis and Hygear on the web. Then I called and talked to Ross at Hygear this morning and while I'm sure he was "selling", he said so much that made sense and how much the ride could be improved over the stock SE shocks that I decided it'd be worth improving my rides when the trails get rough - which they always do on the weekends.

Plus, I am clearly a junkie ;)
You will be happy I am sure! Oh and my Axis is rear skid shocks. I run the Evols on front.

I'm stoked to get them, can't wait to feel the difference as I've only ever had base model production shocks on anything. This is a pretty good "fix" given the size of the purchase. I have a solid 64 hours before I need to purchase something else before I start to get nauseous and irritable.

I'm stoked to get them, can't wait to feel the difference as I've only ever had base model production shocks on anything. This is a pretty good "fix" given the size of the purchase. I have a solid 64 hours before I need to purchase something else before I start to get nauseous and irritable.

Now go have a beer....

I feel kinda' left out.

I did buy a foldable pack saw for emergencies.

I'm moving to a new post that i can afford...

I feel kinda' left out.

I did buy a foldable pack saw for emergencies.

I'm moving to a new post that i can afford...

Steve dont be down I will buy you a beer and let you ride in my trailer......:blingHa. I am going to move to a cheaper site as well.

I spend my money on GAS!

About 20 gallons per ride...and 4 hot dogs....and a Reese's peanut butter cup!

Back