• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bit the Bullet - Axis Shocks

Hi Guys

Well after some debate and much research I decided to get the full custom Axis shocks from Hygear. After all the mods I cant wait to ride even though I may have to pinch a tent cause of it.:letsnow:

First of all, you PITCH a tent & PINCH a loaf.
Second of all, the DX came with basic shocks correct? Not the qsr3's correct?

Ella's are hand built and fully customizable right from factory.

https://us.elkasuspension.com/snowmobile-shock-absorbers/
Yep fully customizable but how close are they to the valving. I’m sure they are close but hygear is in heart of the riding area of northeast and I know on my nytro they had it spot on. And excited to see how they are on my winder. I do have set of elka stg5 I’m gonna swap out and try too

20A2F8BC-8F3A-40C2-8D42-58EFB4A04149.jpeg
And they are just sexy

I agree fxnytrokid.....these shocks are extremely sexy on the SW.

They look great on your white/blue SW!

17.03.10_Mar-UP-Snowmobiling_653_IMG_20170310_120413.JPG

First of all, you PITCH a tent & PINCH a loaf.
Second of all, the DX came with basic shocks correct? Not the qsr3's correct?

Lol thats funny. I have the LTX-SE which came with the Fox floats so yes basic shock. With all the changes its a @#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@$%^&* now

Lol thats funny. I have the LTX-SE which came with the Fox floats so yes basic shock. With all the changes its a @#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@$%^&* now
Your SE came with floats? Most SE I have seen all have the RC shocks, with the Rebound knob on bottom(similar to a doo X shock) however the RC stands for Rebound and Compression....and no Ressie. I thought those might be decent enough up front on SE models, but the rears were lacking on SE models...I believe just a base HPG in center and maybe it has a RC type in rear but not certain.

I had floats on my cat and that sled rode so bad...floats(air shock) on these are not very good IMO.

Your SE came with floats? Most SE I have seen all have the RC shocks, with the Rebound knob on bottom(similar to a doo X shock) however the RC stands for Rebound and Compression....and no Ressie. I thought those might be decent enough up front on SE models, but the rears were lacking on SE models...I believe just a base HPG in center and maybe it has a RC type in rear but not certain.

I had floats on my cat and that sled rode so bad...floats(air shock) on these are not very good IMO.
Dan I stand corrected thank you.

Since you didn't have the QSR's, i think you made the right choice.
OCD master, this is what I'm struggling with. I could upgrade to the full set of QS3R's for ~$1900 (as far as I can tell for all 4 from Babbitts) or go with the Axis package for $3300. Is the Axis set going to make "that" much of a difference over the QS3R's?

VX1R and Cannondale have both given me their valuable perspectives, and I'm honestly still unsure if either option would be such and day-and-night difference from the SE shocks that I'll have that "holy crap" moment. Or think "holy crap that was a lot of $ for a minor improvement".

Reactions: JPS
That's pricey for sure, I love the ride of my winder with the QS3s, if the trails are rough enough to need better shocks my sled stays in the garage...

Back