• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blowing 10 amp gauge fuse

1Gunner

Veteran
It's now done it twice in one week.....
It does it on start-up... but not every time.
Anyone know where or what to check? I was considering putting in either a 15A or 20A fuse.... but that's not a solution, just a bandaid that may bite me.

Thanks for any help or input!!!

i know of 2 locations on the rx sleds to check for wiring problems. first is in nose of sled on right side when sitting on sled, wiring harness can rub on frame. this is up near the tool box. install a 6 inch piece of heater hose cut lengthwise to protect wires. second area is in stearing colum at the steering stops. some sleds would pinch a wire in this area and blow the ignition fuse. the guage wiring should be checked since its that fuse thats blowing, but these 2 areas were the most common.

I found my electrical short!!!! :Rockon:

After checking the good suggestions posted here...... It was under the drink holder in the front nose under the tool kit..... a single wire, blue with black stripe had been innocently rubbing on the right hand side on a flat metal bracket and had just worn through the covering....

I taped it up and tie wrapped the wiring harness that it was part of, away from the metal surface.....

I think I should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket, as it was a lucky catch!!!

Back