• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

blowing main fuse

Terry Lind

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha sidewinder
Hi I am new here and h Hopefully I might get some answers from somebody that may have the same issues that I'm experiencing at this time I have a 2019 Yamaha Sidewinder MTX with only 400 km on it It keeps blowing the main 30 amp battery fuse I have unplugged everything that I could possibly unplug with the hood off so no admission key plug in and still keeps blowing the main 30 amp fuse I'm stuck and not too sure what's going on anybody have any advice for me

Its likely you have a short somewhere but you really should put your question in your own thread/post in the sidewinder forum so it gets some attention.

moved to proper area.

Just had a similar issue on a 2021 T-cat. With the Hood off and disconnected, it was still blowing the fuse. It was a wire rubbing on one of the frame tubes in the engine compartment on the left upper side if sitting on the sled. Pull off the zip ties holding the main harness to the frame and follow it. You will find the short guaranteed. On this particular sled, it was near the air box/main plug for the hood.

Check very closely for main harness wires cut/rubbed through up by main fuse block. Many sleds have had this issue. Harness rubs on sharp corners of bracket.

Just an FYI here. Had a 17 Winder in today blowing the ignition fuse. We found a wire in the main harness was rubbing through on the frame portion of the front left engine mount.

Pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221217_070032_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20221217_070032_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20221217_070039_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20221217_070039_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 116

Back