• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bogey wheel upgrade

Nitroya

Veteran
My Nytro as been famous in the slider burning sector. So I ve heard that excell makes a wheel for yamy 4 stroke thats slightly bigger. Makes alot of sense. Just looking for others opinion on possible other wheels or different type of fix for the slid burn issue.

On the 121" there s only 4 wheels to change,? The rear axle do not need replacing.

Nitroya said:
My Nytro as been famous in the slider burning sector. So I ve heard that excell makes a wheel for yamy 4 stroke thats slightly bigger. Makes alot of sense. Just looking for others opinion on possible other wheels or different type of fix for the slid burn issue.

On the 121" there s only 4 wheels to change,? The rear axle do not need replacing.

Correct the rears don't need changed but you can add two wheels near the rear if you want with the factory mounts, that help with the slider wear as well. ...for important for those of us that are extended tho.

The coolest way to do it is with billet wheels if you are looking for something different then the excels.

Your best thing to do is but the kit from ulmer. You get 6 wheels in the kit along with two brackets two mount rear wheels . Four wheels replace the front four wheels and then you add two wheels towards the back of sled. After 600 miles with kit on my sled no sign of wear at all.

Yama 1000 said:
Your best thing to do is but the kit from ulmer. You get 6 wheels in the kit along with two brackets two mount rear wheels . Four wheels replace the front four wheels and then you add two wheels towards the back of sled. After 600 miles with kit on my sled no sign of wear at all.

X2 on the excel wheel kit.

bottlerocket said:
Yama 1000 said:

X2 on the excel wheel kit.

I will third this ^^^, I have the excell 6 wheel kit on my shortie. I rode about 2000 miles this last year on some horrible conditions and my slides are still good to at least another season. Great kit and the bearings are replaceable too

I replaced the Yamaha idlers with 135 mm ski doo wheels. I also added a couple more toward the rear using ski doo mounts. Six idlers at $21 per wheel at MFG supply: http://www.mfgsupply.com/04-0135-20.html

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

Grizztrack

Did the ski doo wheels bolt right up? Or we're there any other mods that were done?

Thanks

I did the Excell kit this fall and love it. Installed white sliders at the same time and now have about 500 miles on with now wear. Just a direct bolt on with everything included.

I did the Excell kit this fall and love it. Installed white sliders at the same time and now have about 500 miles on with now wear. Just a direct bolt on with everything included.

Excel wheel kit is the easy option for wheels.
Doo wheels work and cost is lower, bearing are bigger, heavier and you'd have to mess with the front inner shaft mount.
Heavier bearing? If you are trying to save weight, Excel is better.
If those harder Yamaha sliders were available back in 09 when my sled was new.
I don't think I would have bothered with bigger wheels.
Less weight added to the skid, plus it appears the sliders are helping with less friction, possible higher speeds.

Back