• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

boondocker control box setting

1yamadog

Veteran
I'm running a boondocker nos and control box with haulk exhaust and ulmer air box mod. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some starting point for setting for my control box. first year with the control box so any help would be great. Also where can I get a wide band air fuel sensor to help in tuning.

1Yamadog,
Please update your profile with your location as this is a site requirement.

Thanks,

-1CS

Re: boondocker control dox setting

1yamadog said:
I'm running a boondocker nos and control box with haulk exhaust and ulmer air box mod. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some starting point for setting for my control box. first year with the control box so any help would be great. Also where can I get a wide band air fuel sensor to help in tuning.

I would leave the 3000 rpm range alone. richen up the 6500 about 1, 2, 2 richen up the 8500 about 1, 2, 2 and leave the 10,500 alone. These settings should compensate for your air box mod and exhaust.

For the nitrous setting...are you using the advance mode or the standard mode? If you are using the standard mode:

If 30 shot set controller at 40
If 40 shot set controller at 50
If 50 shot set at 60
If 80 shot set at 90...etc

If you are using adjustable regulator in advanced mode, set the low at about 24 and the high at 48.

I don't think you really need a wide band sensor. These settings will be very close. Save your time and money.

Hey Stoutner I'm not to far from you, not sure where you ride but I'm from Sherrill NY, but a bet we've rode the same trails. If you come up for the snow cross or something it would be nice to meet a fellow yamaha guy who like to tinker with his sled. Hope to meet you some day. Pat

1yamadog said:
Hey Stoutner I'm not to far from you, not sure where you ride but I'm from Sherrill NY, but a bet we've rode the same trails. If you come up for the snow cross or something it would be nice to meet a fellow yamaha guy who like to tinker with his sled. Hope to meet you some day. Pat

I live exactly 1 hour door to door to Turning Stone :)

I usually ride out of Auburn, Cortland, Tug Hill, Old Forge, Speculator.... Haven't ridden Oneida area though.

I'll be right down the street from you on Thursday. I have a job I have to do at Wal Mart in Oneida on Thursday !!! Can't bring the sled though :(

Wayne

Back