• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost gauge broken or EABC issue?

alexm2816

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR Viper LTX-DX Turbo
Hi all. I'm out for the first ride after replacing my EABC (was sent to MPI to flash to 5 psi) and adding the MPI racing can after the EABC was damaged by a belt and even on a sub 55 mph night ride....things are weird.

Today my AEM boost/afr gauge was reading as high as 11 psi (AFR was still 11.5 ish)! Im shooting for 5 psi and last year before the EABC swap it was dialed in. I am hitting the Rev Limiter at WOT (I'm guessing the pipe is opening things up) but there's no way the system is making 11 psi right? Is the injector system even capable of fuelling that kind of power with the stock injectors?

I have to assume my gauge is toast but I just want to ride tomorrow without thinking my motor is about to blow up . Seeing 11 Psi on short trips from 0-55mph has me nervous! Thoughts?

Hi all. I'm out for the first ride after replacing my EABC (was sent to MPI to flash to 5 psi) and adding the MPI racing can after the EABC was damaged by a belt and even on a sub 55 mph night ride....things are weird.

Today my AEM boost/afr gauge was reading as high as 11 psi (AFR was still 11.5 ish)! Im shooting for 5 psi and last year before the EABC swap it was dialed in. I am hitting the Rev Limiter at WOT (I'm guessing the pipe is opening things up) but there's no way the system is making 11 psi right? Is the injector system even capable of fuelling that kind of power with the stock injectors?

I have to assume my gauge is toast but I just want to ride tomorrow without thinking my motor is about to blow up . Seeing 11 Psi on short trips from 0-55mph has me nervous! Thoughts?

If you blow out the track it can spike.. have you tried to just dial back the waste gate some to see if the numbers drop?

If you blow out the track it can spike.. have you tried to just dial back the waste gate some to see if the numbers drop?
I was hooking up well. I have to think i either plugged my pressure line into the wrong bung or the gauge is just misbehaving. Boost was hitting and holding at 9 or 10 fairly consistently. Might bust out my old mechanical to gut check. If this is all a result of the race can on the turbo i'm certainly impressed.

If you hit 11 on acceleration your #*$&@ would know it then your wallet because it would probably blow up. Without an upgraded fuel pump and 4 the injector you would go so Kean it would pop believe me I know!. If you are using digital gauge Chuck it in 5 yrs I have been through 7 and now have mechanicals on both turbos

Back