• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOOSTED ?

cnynrnr13

Extreme
How many mile`s are you guys seeing on your boosted motors? im looking at a powderlites 10 pound pump gas system. any info would be great thanks :Rockon:

Boost=modified and we all know what happens when you modify things. If you are careful, with fuel, how long you hold it etc. it could last a long time. I would definitely suggest stacked head gaskets with 10 lbs. to start, and make sure you run premium fuel only.

lots of issues cropping up with the powderlites kits...

be very careful on the fuel and elevation, and ensure you are mixing appropriately, and you will be fine...better to over octane than towed out!!!

on my second blower no problems i suggest putting low compression pistons and heavier rods send the crank to Falicon have it done and just ride, 2nd sled with 4000 miles no trouble.

Forgot to mention, my first turbo'd sled, 03 RX1 did not have any motor issues for the 3 years I had it turbo'd, (other issues though) however I had stacked gaskets and ran premium fuel unless I was on the trail and it was not available, however I took it easy, ran it on asphalt at 10 and 12lbs. mostly 10 and when I ran 12, I used to mix race fuel or avgas. My 07 RTX however is a different story, 1275kms and it detonated. A combo of a few things, no stacked gasket and had to throw half a tank of regular fuel at one point. I still don’t think that was the total cause as I’ve since found out that the waste gate was hitting the fuel tank and was probably running 15lbs. of boost when I thought it was 7lbs. At that time I didn’t have my gauges on yet, and was breaking it in while waiting for gauges.

So make sure you lower the compression by stacking gaskets, run premium and make sure you have gauges to monitor.

cnynrnr13 said:
How many mile`s are you guys seeing on your boosted motors? :Rockon:

Just topped 4400kms. Put on turbo at 1800 kms. therefore 2600 kms, or over 1500miles since install. Am running 16 lbs MCX rearmount, Wiseco low comp pistons, two fuel pumps, 8 injectors, high flow air intake (for a V8) on a chrome riser pipe.
Mainly premium fuel...Regular when no premium available.
Usually riding crosscountry at 80km/hr up to 130km/hr. (50 - 80 mph) always in powder! Amost zero trail miles other than up to some riding areas.
Constantly bumping throttle for high speed jumps and skis up catwalking over any hill I can find.
It feels like it has just broken in nicely. I really don't think it's any where near causing any kind of stress on this power plant.

REXX
----------------------------------------------
'07 Apex mtn. SE MCX turbo
Western Canada

Attachments

• Skidplate Blk.jpg
    Skidplate Blk.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 67
14000 miles on my 04, boosted from new. Premium fuel, boost switch when its not available with lower boost (just to be safe). No motor issues. Burns 1/2 liter of oil every 1000 miles when I,m on the throttle alot. Normal tail riding almost same fuel consumption as newer models.

hey thanks for your input :Rockon: so basically just do it "right" and things hold up really well? So if the powderlites system is having issue`s what are you all running? boondocker,mcx???? thanks again for your quick responce`s :Rockon:

It's big power..(300+ hp), therefore no need to be full into the throttle, therefore only periodically pushing the limits of the powerplant. On trail at posted speeds the boost is only at 3-4lbs.; playing in deep powder at 30-40 mph the boost is only at about 5-7 lbs.; at speed going cross country in 8 - 10" of fresh on top of settled snow at 45 - 55 mph boost is at 8 - 10 lbs.....when I crack it, it jumps to 12 - 16 lbs. but unless I'm climbing in powder, the throttle on is only for a short blip. I usually have all the power I need under half throttle.

I think the professional install, and a bit of engine work is money well spent, if you want to have a trouble free long running sled.

REXX
-----------------------------------------
'07 Apex mtn. SE MCX turbo
Western Canada

Skydog will know more about the boosted milage better than me on my sled, but since i bought it from him i got just over 2000kms (1200miles) and there is 11000kms (6600) miles on it.

I have 7000 kms or 4300 miles (3 seasons) on my '03 RX-1 with the MCX rearmount at 16 lbs, no problems except for blowing out the head gasket once due to install error, no problems since. Shes now converted to front mount with start odo at 13800 kms or 8500 miles. Will run her at 16 lbs on premium pump fuel. 2 stacked gaskets and Wiseco 10:1 pistons for a CR of 9.13:1

Back