• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bov for 270Sm flash needed?

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
Do you need to have a bov for the stock muffler 270 flashes from hurricane or td

Its a good idea, tunes from either of these vendors in that hp range are gonna be 16-17psi+ and thats where stock bov is known to leak.......sometimes at much less.

I don’t have one and I see 17psi on my gauge. I have the Hurricane 270sm tune.

Consensus will be yes as many leak at the higher boost levels. I have a turbosmart I'd sell if you are interested. I changed and went with one from Tommcat so I could hear it more when riding.

Consensus will be yes as many leak at the higher boost levels. I have a turbosmart I'd sell if you are interested. I changed and went with one from Tommcat so I could hear it more when riding.
You went with quality ! Did the same .. Turbosmart makes some quality BOV. You will pay for a good one.. The china junk one for 120 is a waste of time. Do yourself a favor and spend a couple hundred for quality

If it’s no leaking why? Or you have lots of extra money to buy one, there like $250-$300 just to hear sssshhhhhhhh.

Not speaking about any sound coming from it.. The cheap china one leaks.. We will hear its fine and you need to tighten it and or it a slight engineering flaw, etc.. Bottom line its not a quality BOV. For a good aftermarket BOV you will pay a couple hundred.. The stock one works fine for some and so do other aftermarket ones. pick your poison.. And IF it doesn't leak its fine!.. How many guys even no if it leaks?

Back