• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

225 flash

Actually a lot of the said information is false, but some of it is true.

What is true and I've said this many time, we do currently work with the same developper (GAP) for the bluetooth flasher technology and more.
However we've started with our own flashing system and our own map definition, developped with a different engineer. We have unlocked maps that are not accessible to other tuners.
We also have custom functions that are not available elsewhere. For example, since last year we have a knock light with our tunes. A TD exclusive.
However during testing we found out the ECU was not doing anything with the signal, and our knock light relied on this.
Now we have resumed work on the knock light independantly and I believe we have figured it out. It seems to work according to recent testing.
We will test more on 87 octane fuel to confirm how effective it is. But keep in mind we like to always be a step ahead. We do this by working with the best and challenging ourselves.

Currently the TD flasher made by GAP, is the best technology and it will stay the best for years to come.
The guys at GAP are top guys and the only thing slowing them down is limited time and resources. They have accomplished more than any other developper.
They also got great support and help from us to develop and test their software. And Hurricane also helped them on his side. It benefits everyone involved.
That said to keep an edge we work on different fronts to get extra maps and features for more precise tuning.

One thing that always made our tunes extra safe was a revised safer Rev limiter that other shops didn't have full control of.
We had access to precise fueling control (more than the stardard fuel maps) and TD's long experience with Pump gas tuning on turbo snowmobile engines.
We also test like no other 5000 foot runs on the lake at WOT, sometimes back to back, to make sure the tunes are solid. Lots of snow testing with my 2 shop sleds (Cat and Yam) as well with a long line of loyal knowledgeable customers
That give me more data to perfect my tunes. We have been testing since last summer and never stopped improving. Sledders are very demanding customers and we are happy to serve them.

Ben definitely has been at this a long time and is very passionate about this sport. We all benefit from this.

Im excited for this season to get here!

That's what the hurricane 270 and 280 race flashes are all about. Quick spool
No doubt your "quick spool" map has been on my mind every day since you released it!

Im trying to take this sled slow....and ride it stock to take lots of notes for comparison when the time comes for all the goods.

Maybe this winter I will get a change to test one out with the map, and really get a feel....;)

No doubt your "quick spool" map has been on my mind every day since you released it!

Im trying to take this sled slow....and ride it stock to take lots of notes for comparison when the time comes for all the goods.

Maybe this winter I will get a change to test one out with the map, and really get a feel....;)

Good thinkin' Dan. It's good & bad to have sooo many options also...

OK, so who's working on boost below 6000 rpm's so Dan can get his "snap" back?
All TD tunes from Powertrail and up spool quicker. Max17 spools quicker still . Spooling too quick on pump gas increases the chances of knock. High boost at low RPM increases load and load is what starts deto,
On the race maps we spool up them asap because we lots of octane. We like to keep things safe. Regardless we have customers running the Max 17 in the 9.2 sec range @ 140mph on the 1/4 mile that's very impressive ! (XTX on the forum)

Well this was my observations while trail riding & thinking of ROCKERDAN's wanting of more "snappy" throttle. I do most of my riding in 6000 range due to big trails & my sled has plenty of snap. Hopefully more this year with clutching i've done. At the 5000 range on the smaller trails is where i see what Dan is talking about. Not that it's slow, it just doesn't jerk the sled to get the front light & have some fun on those bumps. The delay is a nano second that just isn't conducive to small trail riding "showboating". So my question is to the TUNERS here. Would adding a little boost a little earlier, say 4500 to 5000, be harmful? And do any of these tunes do just this? I DO NOT want a big hp tune nor a loud muffler. After i redial in my new set-ups this year, i may get a muffler mod & light tune.

Well this was my observations while trail riding & thinking of ROCKERDAN's wanting of more "snappy" throttle. I do most of my riding in 6000 range due to big trails & my sled has plenty of snap. Hopefully more this year with clutching i've done. At the 5000 range on the smaller trails is where i see what Dan is talking about. Not that it's slow, it just doesn't jerk the sled to get the front light & have some fun on those bumps. The delay is a nano second that just isn't conducive to small trail riding "showboating". So my question is to the TUNERS here. Would adding a little boost a little earlier, say 4500 to 5000, be harmful? And do any of these tunes do just this? I DO NOT want a big hp tune nor a loud muffler. After i redial in my new set-ups this year, i may get a muffler mod & light tune.

Go back and look at Hurricanes post #17 above. 270 Race tune may be right up your alley for instant spool. Don't let the "race" part scare you, they trail ride nicely and even provide increased fuel mileage. He also has a duplicate but hi-flow stock muffler right down to the alum shielding coming out this fall that is as almost as quiet as stock and you do not need to cut up the stock one for future use. His muffler has been proven to flow up to 300 HP.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/new-hurricane-300hp-trail-muffler.148900/#post-1372747

All TD tunes from Powertrail and up spool quicker. Max17 spools quicker still . Spooling too quick on pump gas increases the chances of knock. High boost at low RPM increases load and load is what starts deto,
On the race maps we spool up them asap because we lots of octane. We like to keep things safe. Regardless we have customers running the Max 17 in the 9.2 sec range @ 140mph on the 1/4 mile that's very impressive ! (XTX on the forum)

all this spool talk is crazy....that sled is rocking and that max tune is what Im going for....fast and safe...even when I was running d&d ...that was TD's hallmark....I just know too many that have ran your tunes to ignore...I was looking at your power trail package (although I love my excell exhaust) can it turn into a max package>? or would powertrail package be better with adding an additional tune...?

all this spool talk is crazy....that sled is rocking and that max tune is what Im going for....fast and safe...even when I was running d&d ...that was TD's hallmark....I just know too many that have ran your tunes to ignore...I was looking at your power trail package (although I love my excell exhaust) can it turn into a max package>? or would powertrail package be better with adding an additional tune...?

Well Dan ran powertrail tune on his buds Winder last season and that is what he's talking about being lacking in the mid-range. With lower boost there, its hard to carry the clutch load for full boost and react properly in the mid-range RPM's. Part of the reason some of these guys are running reverse angle helixs on their machines is getting them to rev and spool quicker when RPM comes up.

Same thing I noticed on my buds Winder I rode last season with EVO stage 4. The mid-range snap is very lacking due to low boost in mid RPM. This is what happens when you ramp the boost in over RPM. I get why they are doing it to prevent deto in a high load situation at lower RPM high cylinder pressures, but they are very lazy next to a machine that jumps right to peak boost in less than half a second like most turbo machines do running right on the mechanical wastegate alone and not going thru the ECU ramp up control stuff to the wastegate.

Go back and look at Hurricanes post #17 above. 270 Race tune may be right up your alley for instant spool. Don't let the "race" part scare you, they trail ride nicely and even provide increased fuel mileage. He also has a duplicate but hi-flow stock muffler right down to the alum shielding coming out this fall that is as almost as quiet as stock and you do not need to cut up the stock one for future use. His muffler has been proven to flow up to 300 HP.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/new-hurricane-300hp-trail-muffler.148900/#post-1372747
Thanks Mike. Well i will wait & see. I would like to use the same brand tune as my muffler. Just makes me feel better. I am definitely running January stock, mostly because if i change toooo many variables at once, my head will EXPLODE! By then more info will be available & i will be more suited to decide. Just saying "270 HP" gives me goosebumps!

Mike, did you get yours setup already? What are you gonna run for map?

I wanted to know what you went with...I know you were working with Dave but not sure which map.

Im anxious to start from square one, and see how the stock sled spools...as every advertisement from Yammie talks about throttle response, and ofcourse after I worked on toms, I was never able to find another SW anywhere to compare it to.

Sure it was an animal on mid and top, but that split second delay when you stab it to launch off a knoll, and it goes nowhere until you landed in the hole on other side, is quite maddening....All while watching the 1200s, and etecs lift their noses at each stab instantly. Makes the sled feel heavy and slow.

So im dying to have mine new, stock and I will know right away cause how toms reacted is embedded into my mind on our trails.And now Tom and I can compare side by side,back to back.

I would love to get with Dave and try for myself the low spooling map....I just want reliability too,and Ben has sold me a few tunes and I never have to worry about them for that. Not saying any other maps are not reliable. But its nice to hear feedback from Powertrail guys who got stuck in 4 foot drifts running 87 octane only for hours, and never any deto.....I just want to be smart here, and more wanting trail-ability then huge top end power if I had to choose.

Dan

That's why this site rocks because we have sooo much info & feedback to decide what works for each of us...

All first version tunes.... all have changed immensely... it's not even fair mentioning it here... it would be like me mentioning those tunes that motors failed on... you might want to look at the huge numbers td tail tunes are running at the strip lately for a better idea... spooling is a non issue on the tunes power wise i think your looking at.... and seriously...td has flashed 10s of thousands of tunes on turbo fourstrokes before others have ever tried to flash one...

Back