• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broke my secondary spring. What setting? 3-3?

Q. Arrius

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX LE (red)
'12 Apex SE (black)
'12 Arctic Cat F800 snopro (129, orange)
'15 SRX 120 (blue)
''15 S.Doo Renegade XRS (Ronald McDonald colors)
I have the TP helix on my SW, with their orange spring. A buddy was riding it for a week, and then a crazy howl and squeal developed.

Broke it open in the trailer and found the typical spring break. Saved the trip by bringing the Yami stock spring......and set it to 3-3.

Any thoughts on the correct setting / most ideal setting for using a stock spring on a TP helix.? I believe I bought the ramps for low end acceleration....but I forget the exact nomenclature/ ramp slope.

I absolutely do not need top end. Hard to decent low and middle acceleration is ideal.

Q. Arrius

I have the TP holeshot helix with stock spring set and 3-3.
Can either of you two guys give more details on a TP holeshot helix,if it is a TP orange spring,i have not heard of anyone breaking one,they do have short tangs compared to other springs,i bet if you called Terry at TP he would help you out,Terry is a great guy,and a sponser of this site.

Can either of you two guys give more details on a TP holeshot helix,if it is a TP orange spring,i have not heard of anyone breaking one,they do have short tangs compared to other springs,i bet if you called Terry at TP he would help you out,Terry is a great guy,and a sponser of this site.

It's a 33/35 degree helix made by Dalton (I bought it from Thunder Products). I run it with the stock secondary spring

It's a 33/35 degree helix made by Dalton (I bought it from Thunder Products). I run it with the stock secondary spring
But you are not having problems correct!So its a Dalton reverse angle helix,that you bought from Terry @ Thunder products.

I have the TP helix on my SW, with their orange spring. A buddy was riding it for a week, and then a crazy howl and squeal developed.

Broke it open in the trailer and found the typical spring break. Saved the trip by bringing the Yami stock spring......and set it to 3-3.

Any thoughts on the correct setting / most ideal setting for using a stock spring on a TP helix.? I believe I bought the ramps for low end acceleration....but I forget the exact nomenclature/ ramp slope.

I absolutely do not need top end. Hard to decent low and middle acceleration is ideal.

Q. Arrius
Give TP a call,and speak to Terry he is the new owner,and will answser all your questions.

Back