• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BRP Ice Scratchers

I thought about this also.. Actually I was really eyeing up the LOWER bolt hole.. Im going with the original way through the mounting bolt.. Im assuming this person drilled a hole through the bracket? Looks like the coil is close to rubbing side bracket while scratchers are in up position?

Looks like it. But can't help more than the pics since some of us don't have a Sidewinder yet. lol

Ski-doo have been using skid bolt for years without any issues. But even better we don't need to at all as done as per member 68gmc.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/ice-scrathers.152031/post-1414464

View attachment 163278
View attachment 163279

That looks like a good set-up. Do you know if any holes need to be drilled for the mount? I assume the primary bolt hole is there but what about the secondary one to catch the end of the spring? (not talking about the the hanger)

Not sure what the issue is with using the mounting bolt? Use tons of blue locker and tighten the bolt down. I understand the thinking but we would hear issues if it was(lots of these scratchers being used for years).. If your racing snocross and doing 20 foot jumps maybe..

Only seen one issue of egging skid bolt hole on this site. I prefer drilling and keep them separate.

Bump to top on these scratchers!! I have a set on two sleds and wow do these things work great.. I have a set on a 2021 Cat 8000 that ALWAYS hot, not anymore. These were installed using the suspension bolt.
I also have a set on 2022 sidewinder that were mounted on the bracket that the skid bolt mounts to. So just forward of suspension bolt. I have not had to use them much on the 2022 sidewinder as this thing runs incredibly cool. Like 168-170 all the time, way better then my 2017 for some reason.. But I did drop them down on hard pack and wow the sled went to 165-168 and never moved off that.. I really like these scratchers and love just reaching back and dropping them down. I actually did it at 25 Mph one day.. Probably not recommended.. I give these things 5 stars... Best I have tried. And I tried lots over the years

Bump to top on these scratchers!! I have a set on two sleds and wow do these things work great.. I have a set on a 2021 Cat 8000 that ALWAYS hot, not anymore. These were installed using the suspension bolt.
I also have a set on 2022 sidewinder that were mounted on the bracket that the skid bolt mounts to. So just forward of suspension bolt. I have not had to use them much on the 2022 sidewinder as this thing runs incredibly cool. Like 168-170 all the time, way better then my 2017 for some reason.. But I did drop them down on hard pack and wow the sled went to 165-168 and never moved off that.. I really like these scratchers and love just reaching back and dropping them down. I actually did it at 25 Mph one day.. Probably not recommended.. I give these things 5 stars... Best I have tried. And I tried lots over the years
Don't suppose you have a picture?

Cat through the mounting bolt.
84B44A7C-9945-4970-AC18-19129FA0DA50.jpeg

I still have yet to need my suspension bolt mounted scratchers. I installed them the same day a aggressively bled the cooling system. My 21 runs extremely cool also, even in less than ideal conditions. absolute hottest is 174 but typically 168-170. Debating on removing them after this year if I don't use them. My only complaint with them is they assist ice buildup in that area.

I still have yet to need my suspension bolt mounted scratchers. I installed them the same day a aggressively bled the cooling system. My 21 runs extremely cool also, even in less than ideal conditions. absolute hottest is 174 but typically 168-170. Debating on removing them after this year if I don't use them. My only complaint with them is they assist ice buildup in that area.
Yes they do have some ice build up(really cold temps), I agree. I ride early and the trails are like concrete some mornings.. I would not remove mine .. These things just plain work.. Some trials go on forest roads that are plowed(logging) and they do help in this situation also. The location they "scratch" is perfect as the snow gets thrown up onto TOP of track, and into snow flap, and then thrown into rear heat exchanging. My buddy following me when I had them down said "holly sh*& stuff is flying everywhere"

Last edited:
I recently went this route. Word of caution anyone using them, the carbide tip when in stored position, using the supplied mounts without alteration, stick under the tunnel. You would think geesh they are miles away from track, but, if you hit large bump or ride 2-up at all, the track coming around with hit the tip of scratchers. Took me a while to figure out what the hell was making that noise. SO, i just rode all day with them down lol. I think they throw snow bit too far back as well, might still be fine but i stood up and looked back and the rooster tail is way back. By looking at the picture of jonlafon1's here, looks like the keeper has been bent outwards slightly to prevent the tips from being stuck under the tunnel, am I wrong jonlafon?

Not sure how you hit them? Where I mounted mine the track can’t hit them. To bottom out that far I would have to jump off a building. Did you mount the tab that holds them backwards? Like so they angle inward towards tunnel?

Back